R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Does your Hobby shop carry parts for any electric off road cars? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/21401-does-your-hobby-shop-carry-parts-any-electric-off-road-cars.html)

midnight oil 07-16-2003 05:35 PM

Does your Hobby shop carry parts for any electric off road cars?

Hello everyone I’m wandering if my parts availability problem for electric off road cars is unique to where I live. First off I live in south Florida where there are many hobby shops, but almost none carry any parts for electric cars, almost all Nitro. Only rarely do any hobby stores stock parts for the emaxx but that’s about it for electric. I own two Schumacher off road cars and always had to mail order parts from Schumacher if anything broke. It usually takes only a day or two but I was hopping to get a car that I could easily run to the hobby shop if anything broke. So I went out and bought a B4 thinking it doesn’t get much more common than that, and parts shouldn’t be a problem. Boy was I wrong, yesterday I called a list of 20-25 hobby shops and only one carried some b4 parts. Most of them didn’t even know what the B4 was or who made it. I understand the car is new but 99% of the hobby shops I called didn’t carry any electric parts for any off road cars. I always read people on these forum recommending newcomers to get the car that has their hobby shop stocks parts for usually the xxx, or b3/b4 and to avoid other cars because of poor parts availability. After having called tons of hobby shops I’m starting to think that statement isn’t really valid at least in my area and if it is valid where? I’m really disappointed after stripping a spur gear on the B4 and now having to mail order it. I could have got parts for my Schumacher cars faster. Is this whole getting parts at your local hobby shop an exaggeration or are people living elsewhere really able to do this? So many people are discouraged from buying less popular cars because of parts availability, but I’m finding this for any electric offroad. Has nitro completely taken over hobby shops? Let me know what you guys think.

popsracer 07-16-2003 08:08 PM

Does your Hobby shop carry parts for any electric off road cars?

midnight oil;

1) Schumacher is imported and not a real popular brand in the USA so parts are going to be hard to find period. Even our local shop that sells Schumacher kits, doesn't have a large selection of parts on the shelves.

2) The Associated B4 is fairly new. Usually Companies will release the Kits a month (sometimes more) before replacement parts become widely availible in the Shops. Try Tower Hobbies online for hard to find parts.

midnight oil 07-16-2003 08:17 PM

Yeah I figure that with schumacher but not only am i unable to get B4 parts, but none of the hobby shops around carry any more popular competitive buggy parts be it xxx,xxx4, b3, or b4. I use Tower/sheldons/stormers alot, but I had just hoped parts would be easy to get for a mainstream buggy like the B4 even if it's fairly new.

losi jon 07-19-2003 12:40 AM

WOW. thats kinda weird,the shop i work at has or has had all the parts,some of it is on backorder but we have had it. we even have the new gray and brown springs,the FT turnbuckle kit,lightened outdrives. threaded bodies and unobtanium shafts. the complete composite kit or just the composite chassis. ALL the trinity stuff for them. so i dont know what their problem is. sorry to hear that...:( bummer

mtx3racer 07-19-2003 08:57 AM

Old Town Hobby in Northern VA has the best selection of nitro-electric on-off road cars i have ever seen