Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That's why I still use my Astro Flight 109. Auto lipo detection and all I set is the desired AMP. Glad you're ok.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KJT4
Well this little blunder just cost me about $150 between the new battery and Li-Po bag.
dude, that SUCKS! and you were lucky it wasn't worse than it was.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

thats why you dont charge your batteries your car... that could be alot more expensive lol
Old 03-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Tech Adept

Like I've always said, It's the user thats dangerous not the lipo
Old 03-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Be glad it was an Orion. The Kokam cells tolerate abuse much more gracefully than others. A cheaper battery could have created a significant fire if overcharged in that manner.

Accidents happen, even to the best of us. Always charge your batteries in a bunker.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

BOOM sounds more like a nickel metal or maybe BANG would better describe it.
In the last days of So. Cal Raceway we had a few of the BANGERS.
Amazingly no major injuries, those suckers are like shotgun shells!
Need to charge those bullets in an ammo box.:sneaky
I'm just sayin.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Send it back to orion with some bs story of how it wasnt your fault and they will meet u half way o it. Happened with my buddy who overcharged his.

Just don't say u used a mrc charger cause they say dont use those
Old 03-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Send it back to orion with some bs story of how it wasnt your fault and they will meet u half way o it. Happened with my buddy who overcharged his.

With Team Orion drivers and Employees reading these fourms....I cant see that working for you....expesially you trying to lie about..
Old 03-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The saying is..."no brains no headaches"
Old 03-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE

Funny how I've used my MRC 977 for charging all sorts of lipos (2-3 cells) for a couple years with absolutely no problems.... Its also funny how all the lipos I've seen blow up were Orions and even funnier that all of them that blew up were charged with a non-MRC charger

In the end the operator (like KJT4 admitted) is in control... anyone can make anything look bad if they try hard enough.

Orion has stated for a couple years that the MRC chargers are fine...since the 969 actually

I guess we have a good idea of the credibility of RB FIVE, geez that was a classy post
Old 03-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default Bad Advice

Yes, let's all just blame the batteries and ask for refunds or new products and see what happens to the companies after they figure out they are being run over. Talk about having them stop helping us out.

If you screw up, man up and admit it; don't try to get a freebie from the manufacturer.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
Funny how I've used my MRC 977 for charging all sorts of lipos (2-3 cells) for a couple years with absolutely no problems.... Its also funny how all the lipos I've seen blow up were Orions and even funnier that all of them that blew up were charged with a non-MRC charger

In the end the operator (like KJT4 admitted) is in control... anyone can make anything look bad if they try hard enough.

Orion has stated for a couple years that the MRC chargers are fine...since the 969 actually

I guess we have a good idea of the credibility of RB FIVE, geez that was a classy post
Whatever Tony Newland, say what you want i am just stating what it says on the orion lipo instruction sheet about mrc chargers, could take a pic for you. I am sorry you work for mrc.

I also said thats what a friend of mine did, Not me so don't criticize me. Orion knew it was overcharged and hooked him up. Just trying to help this gentleman out.

Also i dont care two ways about the manufacturer.....
Old 03-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

I dont work for MRC

Orion prints instructions in large runs....... when theyre gone the new ones wont list anything about MRC chargers. The old chargers were not programmed for lipo, what lead to the notes in Orion intructions, were people assuming it would charge any battery, which it would at the time it was marketed, lipo came after.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Steeling isnt my style. I already admitted it was my fault lesson learned. The new battery is on its way and my conscience is clear. All of the blame is on me not the manufacturer.........

At the end of the day I have to be able to put my head on my pillow and know that I did the rite thing today......
Old 03-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

And absolutely the right thing to do...

I work at a hobby shop and it seems increasingly impossible for people to just admit they screwed up.... I have people wanting to return a car, they ran into a mailbox at 40mph, with some sort of BS story how the manufacturer is responsible lol

I've witnessed a few lipo 'torches' as I call them at our track... its pretty brutal I double and triple check my settings everytime... I've messed up and left it on 3 cell before and it didnt do anything to the batteries or the charger, but I consider that lucky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.