Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Questions about an old Associated RC10, please help! >

Questions about an old Associated RC10, please help!

Questions about an old Associated RC10, please help!

Old 03-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Questions about an old Associated RC10, please help!

hello, i bought today an old rc10(about 90's)and i want to know the basic things for it.in greece i live and i cant find many infos,especially in my town.
i want to know if all spare parts are available and where etc.also i need new tires.i will put to it the novak gtb 3.5r,iwant to know about spur pinions etc.

thank you very much for your time
Old 03-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hello,

The rc10 has been out of production for a number of years ( like maybe 10 years or more) but some parts are still available quite easily others are hard to find. My suggestion is to go to the associated website and search for info on the car. You can get the instructions for your car, find out more about the other versions that were released. Find part numbers to parts to help in your searching of new parts on ebay etc.

Steve
Old 03-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would like to make two recommendations that you can choose between. The first one is buy another RC10 on ebay for spare parts. The second recommendation is to NOT put the 3.5r in that car.

The 3.5 is more than anyone can handle in an offroad 2wheel buggy so I just want you to be aware of this before you squeeze the trigger and the car literally explodes, either from power that car was never designed for or the inevitable crash at 300mph.

But to answer your question, ebay has TONS of RC10 parts. Good luck!
Old 03-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default 3.5

Scott54 is correct. A 3.5 is roughly equivalent to a 7 turn brushed motor. These typesof motors are usually reserved for touring car and extremely brave 4 wheel drive off road buggies. If you really want to destroy the buggy run it; if you want to run it safely, go with something softer.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Between tower hobbies and RPM you should be able to find about eighty percent of the parts and get the rest from ebay.

A 3.5 motor will distroy that buggy in a very short time.

I have the 10T and personally I will not ever put anything faster than a 10.5 brushless or a modern 19t mod brushed motor.

The buggies were never disigned to handle that kind of power, because it wasnt available back in 1990.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Assuming this is the 6 geared tranny version - stay away from the 3.5 brushless! I used to have a gold pan rc10 and hooked up a 9 turn with a 7 cell pack. It ran well for 2 runs. On the 3rd run, the transmission basically disassembled itself inside the case. Lots of damage.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

True that! I run a MM5700, and find myself doing alot of maintance(tranny/diff) to keep the thing from spinning apart.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Don't get anything more powerful than the Novak 7.5 (I race this or an 8.5). It is powerful enough for any 2wd off road situation. Another consideration is that the RC10 was made/designed back when a "hot" modified setup was 17t and 6 cells, 15t at the most. The internal ratio of the transmission is taller than modern stuff so gearing low enough for a really hot motor will be very tough.