Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Who is the Greatest Of All Time? >

Who is the Greatest Of All Time?

Who is the Greatest Of All Time?

Old 08-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

When I started in the Mid 80's, the drivers I admired where Cliff Lett, Jay Halsey, Ron Rossetti and Masami. I would read the magazines for event coverage and just stare at their cars in the magazines. These were my idols at the time.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

I just started rc racing 2 yrs ago(going on 2nd 1/10 indoor season) so I can only speak for a driver I have actually seen wheel.....

Jared Tebo is my #1 pick:

amazing to watch drive, same flawless lines lap after lap after lap.........very nice young man as well.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SiR_Dave
It has to be this crazy fool
Hands down, this is the greatest RC racer in the history of RC racing. There are many greats in both onroad and offroad, but he is the greatest.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'd have to tip my hat to the Masami "The Dragon" Hirosaka. Who else can drive their cars using their feet?
Collari's winning streak in 1/8 on road is stunning, considering he was up against the world's best for almost two whole decades.

Growing up in the 70's it was people like Cliff Lett, Gene Hustings, Jill Losi Sr, Joel Johnson who impressed me the most with their skills in all areas of RC developement, design, marketing and these influences can still be seen in today's modern cars.

On a side note, I'd like to nominate the Mugen factory drivers from Japan. I pitted with them at an overseas race. True story coming up. On the eve of the mains, they had an open invitation to all the drivers in attendance. The chief mechanic would test drive the other cars and suggest some input to get the cars to go and handle faster and better. They wanted to win against the best. We didnt get home till late at night coz it was all night wrenching session and tuning workshop with the Mugen guys.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

When talking about greatest American drivers, I think we have to put Ralph Burch on there thanks to his recent worlds win and numerous national titles.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Why is 90% of the time Masami's photo is almost always pointing to tyres or assembling tyres?