R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-10-2003, 09:51 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
Send a message via AIM to DBRacing25
Angry Ofna Starter Box probs...

I just bought a brand new Ofna starter box that was rtr so i didn't have to set it up or make any connections inside. My prob. is the battery will not charge. I have a brand new 12 volt battery charger.. and I plug it in and hook it up correctly... but it never fully charges. It charges for maybe 15 minutes.. then a little red light on the charger comes on that means something is wrong and it has stopped charging. I have tried numerous different connections and none seem to work. My dad has even tried to fool around with it and can't get it to work. He seems to think the battery is no good.. says its getting hotter than it should, but before i dish out the money for a new 12 volt battery ide like to ask if anyone else has had problems similar to mine.. and wether it was something simple i'm overlooking.. or if it really is the battery. Any input is greatly appreciated.. thanks in advanced.

p.s. the battery charges does work.. as we use it to charge the starter for my gokart when we go racing..
DBRacing25 is offline   Reply With Quote