R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-26-2003, 10:50 PM   #31
Tech Adept

Wow, seriously eh? -about the prices overseas- I will have to check that out. I wonder how much it would cost for duty fees ect. to import it.

So no problems with the bearings? Have you rebuilt them at all yet? I find the stock bearings with MOST of the kits are OK but not the greatest. On my last Mugen (MTX3) they included some pretty cheap metal shielded bearings at the front, and well .. they died pretty quickly and had to be replaced. The rubber shielded bearings were ok, but again .. pretty sub standard.

Most of my buggies life will be spent on-track. So I'm after the best race kit, not nessicarily the best bashing kit. Although, I wouldn't classify the K2 as a bashers kit.

Tony no, I havn't driven either of them ... so feel free to kick me in the head and correct me if I start ranting out my butt without experience to back it

When I said outdated design, I wasn't speaking performance terms. It seems that alot of the kits are moving towards a pivot ball suspension; and the old trusty [ hub design is getting old .... I guess you could correct that, and say its getting old based on current trends.
chorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 12:53 AM   #32
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

Pivot Ball isn't good or Bad depending on the person. Their isn't really any advantage to the pivot ball but their is a slight dissadvantage and that is it is more unsprung weight and it is also a pain in the butt to set up. The new mugen still doesn't handle the rough stuff as well as a Kyosho, I think it is a caster deal, You can get more castor out of the Kyosho wich helps greatly in the bumps and most U.S. tracks are bumpy and rutty.

My K2 has yet to leave the track broken and I have over 7 gallons through it now.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 03:37 AM   #33
Tech Regular

Originally posted by KINGZJ
My K2 has yet to leave the track broken and I have over 7 gallons through it now.
Mine too (knock on wood) and I certainly do not baby it on the track ... I literally race by the philosophy "Go hard or go home!"
Hooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 09:30 AM   #34
Tech Adept

Well its funny you should mention 'over here in the U.S' as it seems the Mugen kits do alot better overseas from what I've been hearing.

And, wow, for durability. 7 gallons, and yet to break anything? Now thats what I'm talking about lol

The responses I've gotten in this thread, are very convincing for the Kanai II; and likewise for the MBX5 elsewhere .. but most agree, the Kanai II is awesome -aside from the price-

Does anybody know where I can find online retailers overseas that carry the Kanai II at a reasonable price?

Havn't heard one complaint when it comes to the Kyosho buggies so far; but I have heard a couple on the Mugen side, not to mention I've owned Mugens latest TC and was unimpressed beyond looks.
Old 07-27-2003, 09:33 AM   #35
Tech Adept

p.s- I was under the impression that the pivot ball suspension helps to reduce camber change throughout travel; is this wrong? Would it really matter when it comes to off-road anyway?
Old 07-27-2003, 02:22 PM   #36
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to uDi_MP7.5

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-26-2012 at 06:10 AM.
uDi_MP7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 02:41 PM   #37
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

on my k2 I have been waiting to bend the shocktowers to change to racers egde, but I havent bent the stock k2's yet. One thing I love about the k2 are the shocks, they seem so smooth comparerd to other brands.
K.C. Guy- Tekno rc - Lunsford Racing- FTM Grip
tony montana is offline   Reply With Quote