Wiki Posts
Search

Weller Soldering Iron Question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Weller Soldering Iron Question.

I was wondering if anyone has the Weller 40 Watt Soldering Iron and Hobbico 60 Watt Iron.I got the Weller 40 Watt can not find Weller tips anywhere and was thinking of getting a Hobbico Iron also but not for 2 months and was wondering both have 1/4 inch tips slide in style not the thread in.All I was wondering was has anyone used the hobbico tips in a Weller Iron I know they both say 1/4 inch but you know how that goes one might be just a bit bigger and not fit.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

I just bought a Weller 40watt from Home Depot Saturday, and I do believe they had Weller tips. I need to go back to HD, I may go tonight and post back.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have gotten weller tips from sears. You can also order them from electronics suppliers or :

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=WELMT10
Old 03-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

I do not have a Home Depot near by.But I may try sears for tips and I'm going to get a Hobbico 60 Watt Iron but I will not be ordering from my hobby shop for 1 month and would like the 60 Watt,and do not want to get screwed again like before the Weller 40 Watt was $39.99 no one in town had any in stock and needed one asap.The Hobbico one looks like the old Wellers without the light and is around $6.99 If it get good and hot I can not see how you could go wrong even if it last's 2 years.And the Tips are olny $3.49 The part# for the tips are hcar0778 you get 3 tips 1 pencil tip and 2 chisel tips that another reason why I'm wondering if they will fit in my Weller because there not all that much money.If you want to see the hobbico Iron go to towerhobbies.com but the part number will not work but if you go to the advanced search part of the site and under the brands select Hobbico and under the categories look for power tools in the list it's near the bottom.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sorry!! I thought you were talking about the screw on style, till I read further.

Last edited by Alltapdout; 03-04-2008 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Dee Dee De
Old 03-04-2008, 05:36 AM
Tech Adept

According to their website, MY Sears did not stock Weller items at the store, only online. Just a warning, as it sounds to me like you may be way out somewhere, as you do not have a HD.