R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-28-2008, 11:17 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default I bought myself a RC10 Shelf queen of Evilbay Questions about the body

I bought looks to be cherry RC10 off ebay for what I think was an awesome price. I saw one unbuilt go for more than double but I wanted a shelf queen.

What stock body and wing do I need to fnish it off like the box? part number?

I saw this auction and want to replicate what was done.

How about reproductin stickers does anyone make them?

How much do you think a decent airbrush artist would charge for a paint job to match the box?
Mr.Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:27 PM   #2
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to loopedout

Youll have to find a good vinyl guy to make your stickers. Thats a sweeeeet car, TQ10 car, very early RC10, I have a like new rc10 with the orig box but mine is the long arm car, its a six gear tranny car but has the long team style arms. Associated still offers the body that came with those, I found a new one on ebay for 44 bucks.
loopedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:01 AM   #3
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I believe, right now the closest body to the original that is still available, is this one .

If you have any more questions on old RC10s check out this site. http://www.rc10talk.com/

The guys on there are really into these old RC10s , and are very helpful.
Hi my name is Mike, and I'm a Chromeholic, my wheels have been chrome free for over a year, thanks to everyone who made fun of them.
*Chrominator* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:54 AM   #4
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There is also the viper body style available. This one is a little sleeker than the orig.
Alltapdout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #5
Tech Adept

LOL. Thats was my first racer. Gold tub. I did sooo much modding on that chassis. I planed down the rim of the tub by about a half inch; drilled 3/4 holes in the bottom to lighten it up more. I loved that thing. I had the hyperdrive belt system running a thorp diff with u-joint drive shafts. I ran it with a Trinity Joel Johnson signature series silver dot motor and a custom 7 cell 1800mah battery. (Keep in mind that this was back in 1989-1990). It was extremely fast. My first time with it on a carpet track found it airborne most of the time LOL. When I finally nailed it down I was turning in record times that day, so i had a strong finish even though I didn't even place in the top 5 that day. Hell i didn't even make it into the top 10. However, the next month, I made it into the top 3 .

Ahh the memories. I cannot wait to get back into it. Going to the shop this coming weekend to recover my lost addiction.
TomBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote