Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novack brushless maintenance?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Novack brushless maintenance?

Sorry to start a new thread here, but I couldn't find what I needed. It may well be buried somewhere around here. I switched to Lipo and brushless, GTB 13.5 a couple of months ago. I love it! But I actually tend to like practice better than racing because I can run for an hour without stopping if I want to. I always check my ESC and motor temp with my tem guage so I don't overgear or run it too hot. I know there is supposed to be no maintenance, and right now we are inside on a "clean" clay track. For years we ran outside in real dirt and everything got filthy. There was always a lot of motor clean up and spraying out. My questions is this: how often (if at all) do I need to disassemble the motor and oil it or clean it? Especially if I am running on a very dusty track? If I need to do this, is there somewhere I can find instructions on how to do this properly and what tools/chemicals to use, if any? Actually, I am a little concerned about the LIPO in the summer too, as the instructions that come with it say not to have it in direct sunlight or even in hot temperatures. Lipo is so new around here, I wonder how it will fare in the 90+ degree heat we have been getting in our latest summers. But that is another topic. Thank you.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Company Representative

How to Clean a Brushless Motor

Last edited by NovakTwo; 02-19-2008 at 02:27 PM. Reason: to deal with painful slowness....
Old 02-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

NovackTwo,
Thanks for the link, but I couldn't get it to work. It gave me a 404 error message and said the website link couldn't be used. Can you tell me where the website is? Thanks!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:49 PM

Try this one:

http://www.teamnovak.com/tech_info/h...tor/index.html
Old 02-20-2008, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Wink What Maintenance??

I got my first GTB 6.5r in Dec. of 05. I did not do any kind of cleaning or maintenance until July of 07. The ONLY reason I did was because I upgraded it to a sintered rotor. I went ahead and replaced the bearings at that time as well. The old ones were fine even though I never oiled them. Now, I am not advocating that you do the same, but apparently they can take quite a bit before needing anything. After all, the can is sealed up pretty good. It should also be noted that I do not run on a very dusty track. It's mostly moist clay indoors.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the help guys. I couldn't get on RCTech for about a week - it just wouldn't load. I did go to that Novak site and printed it. Thanks again!