Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trakpower 2S Balancing harness Help needed, Hyperion adapter looks wrong

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default Trakpower 2S Balancing harness Help needed, Hyperion adapter looks wrong

I just got in the following items that I was told to get from Amainhobbies:

1. HP LB10 TP - Thunder Power Adapter
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/18243

2. Trakpower 2S-V Balancer Harness
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12577

Now, when I look at them, the problem is this. The track power harness portion that should plug into the adapter is too wide. Attached is a pic of what I am seeing.

This almost looks like it should be an align plug in a way.

Anyone can help on this??
Attached Thumbnails Trakpower 2S Balancing harness Help needed,  Hyperion adapter looks wrong-dsc04450.jpg  
Old 02-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

LOL I did the same thing based on the info on that thread

I just ended up ordering the trakpower balancer for $44 from amain, they got it to me the next day

I'm sure you can get a hyperion 2s balance tap from maxamps, and adapt that to make it work
Old 02-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What balancer are you using?

If you're using the Hyperion LBA10 balancer, can you try to plug the Trakpower harness directly into the LBA10?
Old 02-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Legend

Trakpower won't plug directly into the LBA10+ balancer.

I do however have extra plug in adapters that came with the Hyperion multicell adapter, I am thinking I could unplug the hyperion 2S harness, and match up the cables onto that harness and give it a go.

Thing is, the cable coloring almost looks backwards compared to how hyperion does it.

Other option is to cut the Trakpower balance plug, or, buy a seperate TP 2S plug and hook it up that way.

Really wish this was known before I bought the TP adapter as its a paperweight right now as it looks.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It might be possible to change the connector on the Trakpower balance harness (the one that is supposed to plug into the LBA10) with the LBA10 connector, if the female "pins" inside their respective connector housing are the same...

The female "pins" can be pulled out of their plastic housing by using a precision screwdriver to push the tab that holds them inside the plastic housing.

-----------

Too bad, whomever you got the tip from wasn't very accurate about the information he posted...

I hope things work out with the stuff you acquired...
Old 02-18-2008, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I posted a link to the adapters only because I bought the Hyperion EOS 610i Net and all of these adapters plug into my charger perfectly. What I was NOT aware of is that Hyperion uses two different plugs on their balancers, so I apologize if the adapter does not work with your balancer. LXMUFF posted in the 1/8th electric thread about the plugs. One is a 8-pin and the other a 6-pin. It blows my mind away that a MFG can do this as it is confusing using one type of plug on some chargers and a different plug on others. I would contact Amainhobbies and return the wrong plug and get the correct one.

Best regards,
Old 02-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Legend

Tony,

I didn't know they had an 8 pin version, can you post pics of your setup for the trakpower battery to connect to a hyperion balancer using trakpowers harness, and a stock number for what pin version is needed.

Or, if anyone knows, there are 3 wires on the 2S harness from trakpower, 1 black, 2 red. If I wanted to unplug these from the current tap, and connect it to a hyperion tap, how do I do this? What wire from the trakpower tap needs to go to what pin on the plug?

if I can do this, I should be all set then.

Last edited by Cain; 02-18-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Tech Legend

ok. I just got done speaking with Maxamps after sending them the pic, since they have a lot of harnesses around I figured they could give me input.

So, initially they thought it may have been a Kokam plug. The problem however is that since its is a 2S pack, and not a 6S or whatever from the size of the plug it wouldn't work as I guess the adapter would still be expecting there to be other cells that are not there.

I was told that I could do rewiring to a 2S hyperion plug like this:

Starting from the Far left, with the grapping side up of that little clip on the plug (assuming this was facing me):

FAR LEFT POSITIVE, NEXT: 1 Negative
FAR RIGHT: Black
Old 02-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonysScrews
I posted a link to the adapters only because I bought the Hyperion EOS 610i Net and all of these adapters plug into my charger perfectly.
Best regards,
so on the 610i would I need just the trackpower v-harness http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12577 and plug it directly into the charger?
Old 02-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Hey guys check out this thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=205700

It has some good info for adapting the Hyperion chargers to Trakpower/Orion packs.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Legend

I don't see how you guys are just direct plugging the trakpower harness into the charger. I must be missing something.

I went ahead and took my 2S harness that comes with the LBA10+ I believe and removed the hyperion female adapter. I then took off the Trakpower male connector, and combined the wires (just plugged them together, the metal connectors fit fine) based on what went to what. Put some good electrical tape around it and hope to test it today.

This should work fine I think, and since I already have a hyperion 2S-6S adapter for hyperion taps, this one was an extra.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
I don't see how you guys are just direct plugging the trakpower harness into the charger. I must be missing something.

I went ahead and took my 2S harness that comes with the LBA10+ I believe and removed the hyperion female adapter. I then took off the Trakpower male connector, and combined the wires (just plugged them together, the metal connectors fit fine) based on what went to what. Put some good electrical tape around it and hope to test it today.

This should work fine I think, and since I already have a hyperion 2S-6S adapter for hyperion taps, this one was an extra.
Hi Can you pic of the adapter you did?
Old 03-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Allerc.com will get you the right adapter. You can use it for awhile without balancing.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Legend

just saw the response.

I'll post a pic tomorrow.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

pictures please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.