Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated or Losi

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

everyone has a different driving style and different set ups. i try to adjust my driving style to the particular car. i have driven both losi and associated and usually i go with what the best deal at any given time between losi and AE is and go from there. currently i am driving a losi xxx4g+ and love it, but i have driven a b44 and loved it also. pick what works for you and what part supply is more readily available to you. it also helps if several guys at your track are running the same car. just my 2 cents. good luck
Old 03-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

who do you think has better drivers.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

AE....had the second truely dominating car (the original rc10) 25 years later they are still winning. the first losi buggy drove me to quit racing in 88 or 89....each of them make good runs but as off now on the electric side of it i would say AE definatly has the advantage
Old 03-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

ok. have you losi guys ever driven a ae truck or buggy?

have you ae guys ever driven a losi truck or buggy.

ive just about owned every losi/associated race product out.

ae fits my driving style better. ae has tons of forward bite. and steering. the aes like to slide around a bit more in corners. but i like that. it can be dialed out. but tuning is in order

the losis are JUST PLAIN PLANTED a good balance of rear sidebite and steering. but forward bite is lacking. it can be made up for but some major tuning is in order.

i like associated because i found them to be more durable. and easier to get parts for i found myself doing less maitence to the aes. the diffs last longer. shockscan be a pain to rebuild but they dont leak very much

the losi shocks are easier to build.

i found myself turning faster laps with the b4 .. i didnt need to work as hard to turn fast laps. unlike the cr bk2 bk1 and such.

back when i ran carpet.. the b3 or t3 was the hookup. as it was fast ggressive. and nimble. where as the losi felt like a tank

giving every losi a chance. i own ae models to this day but hey. thats my driving style and not yours
Old 03-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Tech Addict

I drove a ae before
Old 03-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I started racing RC w/ an RC10 way back in the 80's.

I've driven and owned several versions of both Associated and Losi trucks and buggies through the years and I am currently building an electric RC8.

While both companies offer great products, I always seem to end up back in the Associated corner.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MitchellB.
Dude, your retarted. Hit the submit post button one time.
Did you ever think that maybe he did? Before the site changed servers I would post and hit submit once. Then when I looked I had multiple posts with the same exact thing written.

Originally Posted by Leodis
Nowadays, it's like 70% AE, 20% Losi, and 10% Kyosho.
I would say here locally it is like 75% AE, 14% Losi, 6% Kyosho, 1.25% Traxxas, 1.5% Academy, 1.75% X-Factory.

Originally Posted by Briguy
If Horizon didn`t buy Losi there would be no Losi . This is a business world and can`t stay in business to just cater to racers , it would be nice but not gonna happen.
You are incorrect on this, there would actually still be a Team Losi. Horizon made them an offer they couldn't refuse at all. Horizon wanted a brand name exclusive to only their company. They wanted to have total control over a company and set it up the way they wanted. My rumor source actually told me that if they didn't buy losi, horizon would of been gone in two years. Hobbico/Great Planes has a big lock on the rc industry as well as the hobby industry. Losi has basically canceled their onroad race program there was one losi driver at the novak race this year. That one driver was a local guy that just happen to decide to run. Thunder Tiger and Associated more or less basically merged together. There was not an actual typical buyout like horizon did with losi.

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I do not like how kyosho stuff is more expensive though. I hope the rb5's and zx-5 sp's are catching on.
The Kyosho stuff here is priced pretty close to what Losi and Associated are. They seem to have a really nice 2wd and 4wd but the Associated's will fly off the shelf as soon as they come in.

Originally Posted by NEMMITH
I would just like to add to this topic and ask which AWD buggy would you go with and why?
I would honestly take one of each of these for certain reasons. Associated, Academy, Kyosho, Losi, X-Factory. There is good points to all of them and for me it would be hard to choose. Yes I am actually mainly an Associated guy but this is one class that would make me think.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 03-02-2008, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

for 4wd buggy..

tc30v3.or b44

the xxx4 belongs on the smooth eurotracks. and the xx4 altnough dialed is a bit outdated

www.rcproductdesigns.com
for your tc30v3 ./electric 1/8 conversion needs
Old 03-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

I've messed with both cars and find myself going back to AE. Suits my driving style i suppose.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

B44 is the best 4WD buggy.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

I am gonna go Associated because i had associated since i started and i have raced against some good losi trucks. I have a love hate relationship with losi. I hate them because i drive an associated but i love them because they offer the only true comp in the stadium truck class my friend drives a losi xxxt i am glad if everyone drove associated that would suck!

Oh PS i hope no one grades my paragraph i dont look when i type
Old 03-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

losi all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Cool

Personally I like Associated.I think that they are easier to drive and fix.I have helped my friends with there losi cars and It seems to me that you have to take apart the car more than an associated. I will give losi one thing is that they do jump better.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have a Associated B4 and a Losi MF2 and I like them both. Parts for both are easy to find here in Phoenix. I like the adjustments on the AE better, but I like the shocks on the Losi way better. In my opinion it's 6 of one and a half dozen of the other.