Associated or Losi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated or Losi

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 11:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

go with where ever you can find parts... both cars can be fast... its all driver
Old 02-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artie's liver
either vehicle is more capable than 99% of people can take advantage of.
The problem isn't the car, it's the driver

I whole heartedly agree. If you take the time and tune and practice, you can make ANY car work for your local track.

When I used to race in the late 90s, as someone stated earlier, 80% of the folks were running Losi. I was always the guy bucking the system. I managed to do well w/ my AE car, but the XXX was still in the majority. I have been to other tracks where the opposite was true. I think it just depends.

I have always been an AE fan and will continue to run them. However I've driven both and each has some Pros and Cons! I kknow folks who are still JUST as dedicated to Losi. I also know folks who flip back and forth. SOME do it for the challenge. I know some heavy Losi guys who bought AE cars simply because they wanted to try something new.

With the emergence of Academy and Kyosho into competitive racing, I hope the debate of who's better AE or Losi will go away and make room for someone else to win for a change. This argument is just like Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge debate.

My advice, find a couple of local racers with evenly matched cars and see if they will let you drive them. I've asked different racers at my track if I can try their cars, and most are willing to share. Obviously don't go out and hammer down, but drive at a reasonable clip.

-See how well it turns, both on and off power
-notice how it jumps
-is it squirly
-Does the shop carry lots of parts
-who at the track is fast and with what

Again, this could be biased based on the owners driving style, but you can usually get a feel for a car prety quickly.

MOmo
Old 02-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Having Both the T4 and an MF2, I prefer the MF2, it better suits my driving style.
Using who won the worlds as an example to settle a debate does nothing, sorry, but those guys could win with a Tyco.
I am also preferring the Kyosho buggies over either the associated or the losi buggies (I have ran all 3 2wd buggies back to back, same set up :motor, battery, servo and radio), although I have yet to run a B44, so for 4wd buggies I will just say I like my Kyosho over my XXX4 and leave it at that.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

losi
Old 02-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I actually drove 2 losi's i like the other day, xxx cr's and they were both very planted in the rear with gobs of forward traction. The fastest drivers at my track, vin nocella and the schlick brothers all run losi's. I am a kyosho man but if i were to switch i would pick a losi over a b4 after owning a t4 for sometime now. I dont like the new losi truck though.

Like others have said driver and his set up makes the biggest difference, i dont understand why people cant set up there own cars most of the time its not really that hard and when you do it once you know how to do it again just takes alittle effort.

I am a kyosho guy for sure though as i love the durability and performance, better i dont think so but good yes.

I do not like how kyosho stuff is more expensive though. I hope the rb5's and zx-5 sp's are catching on.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Tech Rookie

go losi. i bought one the other day and very pleased with it.
Troy
Old 02-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by devin4444
What off-road is better in your mind. I what to see who rc tech likes more. Associated has b4 b44 t4 and more. Losi has xxx-t cr xxx cr buggy xxx-t MF2 truck and more.
All depends on what you are looking for and what you are going to be doing with it.

If i was going to race 1/10th 2wd electric i would personly use
a FTB4 OR FTT4.

If i was going to race 1/10th electric 4wd i would personly go with the FTB44.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

RTR........Losi.

Race kit........Associated.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jammin Either way
Old 02-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Strong Bad
If you plan on insulting someone, at least try not to make a 3rd grade mistake yourself. The correct word is "you're", not "your".
Sorry Mr.English teacher douchebag. 8===D
Old 02-15-2008, 12:51 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MitchellB.
All I can say is stay in school.

I think all things equal the Losi is easier to drive but for those who are really good drivers the Associated rewards better drivers with a little quicker laptimes.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Suspended

Talking TEAM LOSI RACING RULES!

Old 02-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Suspended

Talking TEAM LOSI RACING RULES!

Originally Posted by MitchellB.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would just like to add to this topic and ask which AWD buggy would you go with and why?
Old 02-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jesse Robbers
I used a B4 at CRCRC and didn't ever try the Kyosho car/don't have one to try out. The B4 was more stable and easier to drive than the XXXcr. The XXXcr you had to do more of the work to go fast but you could push it more to make up time....but it has higher risk of car getting upset and you crashing. B4 you need to be more careful landing jumps/keeping chassis parallel to the landing and not to clip the peaks of the landing jumps.
I guess that means......

Pick whatever is more popular at your local track. My local track is definitely an Associated track, but that just makes it easier to compare setups.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.