OP is a TOOL!
Old 02-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

you are a TOOL
Old 02-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

If you think that Losi are toys you are obviously an idiot. Having built numerous cars over the years as far back as 1995, Losi are by far the easiest and most thought out to build. Sure most of the models out there these days by pretty much every manufacturer will have their fans and haters. They are all great quality products each deserving their place in the market. I wish most of the kids today could go back and deal with the crappy kits that were available back in the day and really see how far the market has progressed.

Although sometimes they are quite hard to nail a great set up, with a bit of patience and hard work, A Losi buggy will go well anywhere. I really feel that Associated people who beat up on Losi are probably shit drivers who aren't willing to spend the time and effort setting up their cars properly and are usually the ones who are trying to bleed info out of other similar racers at the track to, if you might say, cheat a good set up. Just my 2c. worth.

Losi FTW

id rather be a hard working driver than a lazy slagger.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
If you think that Losi are toys you are obviously an idiot........
I am the one who said that -

And you know what, the Losi XXX series cars were great- when they came out. In fact, when I came out of my "rc retirement" 1.5 years ago, the first car I bought was a XXX-cr. I tried numerous setups, worked on it, competed pretty well. Drove a B4, bought a B4, and have immediately started performing at another level. You can say the guys who are associated drivers 'just dont know how to drive', but then again, Myself, along with my friends all hold state titles and other large race wins. Losi used to make competitive stuff. My "toys" comment is reserved for who they are as a company now: a Toy maker that is only dedicated to Nitro crap. I know you can come back with the argument of the xxx-t cr, but again, it is only a revision. Losi is taking the Traxxas route, making money off the RTR market with durable "toys".
Old 02-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Benzaah
If you think that Losi are toys you are obviously an idiot. Having built numerous cars over the years as far back as 1995, Losi are by far the easiest and most thought out to build. Sure most of the models out there these days by pretty much every manufacturer will have their fans and haters. They are all great quality products each deserving their place in the market. I wish most of the kids today could go back and deal with the crappy kits that were available back in the day and really see how far the market has progressed.

Although sometimes they are quite hard to nail a great set up, with a bit of patience and hard work, A Losi buggy will go well anywhere. I really feel that Associated people who beat up on Losi are probably shit drivers who aren't willing to spend the time and effort setting up their cars properly and are usually the ones who are trying to bleed info out of other similar racers at the track to, if you might say, cheat a good set up. Just my 2c. worth.

Losi FTW

id rather be a hard working driver than a lazy slagger.
I personally do not care for Losi. I have run AE since day one and go with what I know. I have driven Losi before, and simply do not like the cars.

I talk a bit of smack on Losi. But you do not need to generalize that all people who talk a bit of smack can't drive and are just copying off of everybody else. I have and will to continue to prove my ability to drive on the track. Anyone who drives a Losi or whatever else is welcome to run against me. If you win, great! Just don't expect it to be given to you
Old 02-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1 on that
Old 02-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The best making trucks are Associated and losi.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I think the reason why we AE diehards talk a lot of smack these days is because we had to put up with a lot of smack talk from the Losi guys during the B3 days. Back then, it was like 75% Losi and 25% AE at the local track. Nowadays, it's like 70% AE, 20% Losi, and 10% Kyosho.

People always say that it's more about the driver and less about the car, but I couldn't help but notice last year at the big races that a lot of 4WD factory drivers who wanted to compete in 2WD (and the company that sponsored them didn't make a 2WD) always went with AE. To me, that says something....

That said, I'd get whichever car the big dogs at the local rack are using. That way, you can get lots of free help and set-up tips from them.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Do you think it would matter if Ryan Cavalieri or Jared Tebo drove for Losi? Hell no. They would still be just as competitive with Losi cars as they are with Associated cars.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MitchellB.
Dude, your retarted. Hit the submit post button one time.
If you plan on insulting someone, at least try not to make a 3rd grade mistake yourself. The correct word is "you're", not "your".
Old 02-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MitchellB.
Do you think it would matter if Ryan Cavalieri or Jared Tebo drove for Losi? Hell no. They would still be just as competitive with Losi cars as they are with Associated cars.
My point exactly . AE cars/trucks are more responsive to the driver and Losi cars/trucks take a little more fine tuning to fit the driver . I`ve been a die hard Losi fan since the Jrxt was out when i was a kid . Now I`ve had a few AE cars in the past and they are just not for me, maybe because I`m not that familiar with AE products ? But I do have a B44 I just got and and like it very much . But if Losi kept producing the aluminum pivot mounts for XXX-4 I`d still have that . Both are great manufactures and to each his own . Talking smack because Losi makes RTRs ? Look around AE has RTRs also and will have more when Thunder Tiger does the same thing Horizon has done to Losi reputation . I don`t like what happened , but if Horizon didn`t buy Losi there would be no Losi . This is a business world and can`t stay in business to just cater to racers , it would be nice but not gonna happen . The whole Losi vs Ae has happened from the beginning and is just like die hard Chevy vs Ford fans . Buy what you like and have fun with it , isn`t that what this hobby is supposed to be about ?
Old 02-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David Alberico
Academy!
I am with David!! Well at least on the buggy side anyhow.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

either vehicle is more capable than 99% of people can take advantage of

the problem isn't the car, it's the driver
Old 02-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up TEAM LOSI RACING RULES!

Originally Posted by artie's liver
either vehicle is more capable than 99% of people can take advantage of

the problem isn't the car, it's the driver

+1 = WORD!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.