Wiki Posts
Search

New to Lipo,Need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default New to Lipo,Need help

I'm seriously thinking about switching to Lipo's. I was going to go with MaxAmps but right now there is a issue about their packs not being hard cased and the Hyperion EOS0610i 6S 10A Balance Charger.I have been looking at the Trakpower cells but they use a single balancing port which is far different then the MaxAmps balancing port. I guess my question is can I use the Hyperion EOS0610i 6S 10A Balance Charger with a Trakpower Lipo?
Thanks in advance
Old 02-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Yes you can. I looked into this and was advised that you need to purchase there harness which has a TP end, and then just an adapter that will convert it for hyperion. You can buy all this stuff at amainhobbies as well as the charger I believe you are interested in.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Get trak power or orion, Better quality then maxamps.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Legend

I have been happy with the performance of my maxamps pack for my 1/8 scale conversion and there customer service has been first rate. Did you have some sort of problem RBFive? maybe give them a call and discuss what issues you have or saw.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
I have been happy with the performance of my maxamps pack for my 1/8 scale conversion and there customer service has been first rate. Did you have some sort of problem RBFive? maybe give them a call and discuss what issues you have or saw.
No issue, Just giving good advice.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Cain for the info. My ONLY concern with MAxAmps is the ROAR "HardCase" Issue. There are 5-6 people that I know that love their packs and have had zero problems.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Cain, I just read your post about MaxAmps customer service. That's very good to know. Have they said anything about the Hard Case issue ?
Old 02-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default max amps hard shell

http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=95

I just bought the 4000mah saddle w/ "built in skin".It is hard plastic shrunk around the cells then they put regular shrink wrap around the hard plastic.

They also sell it w/ "removable skin". They also sell this options in the 6000mah saddle.

I am not sure whether they are Roar approved but when I called them direct,and asked about a hard cased lipo,they guy pointed me to this battery.
I told him I was new to Lipos and he was real helpful.

Give 'em a call.

B44
Old 02-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by X God
I'm seriously thinking about switching to Lipo's. I was going to go with MaxAmps but right now there is a issue about their packs not being hard cased and the Hyperion EOS0610i 6S 10A Balance Charger.I have been looking at the Trakpower cells but they use a single balancing port which is far different then the MaxAmps balancing port. I guess my question is can I use the Hyperion EOS0610i 6S 10A Balance Charger with a Trakpower Lipo?
Thanks in advance
Lou,I will let you use an orion pack if you want to try it out just come see me Saturday if your coming racing. I am planning on getting one more pack soon, and was probably going to end up trying a maxamp pack. I am kinda just waiting to see what the final verdict will be about the hard cased soft cased issue.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Legend

Austin posted a reply on the the maxamps area with more info on the hardcase lipo deal.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default max amps

i just spoke with max amps the other day and they told me that there hard case was approved by roar but don't quote me on it because that was one of there sales reps "word". i just bought some batteries from a new company that was cheap. bulldawg hobbies or something like that, i asked them about max amps packs and they ordered them for me....and they were cheaper then maxamps website. good luck guys. http://www.bulldawgrc.com
Old 02-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

thanks gator, i try to keep prices low and pass the savings on to my fellow hobby enthusiasts. i can get any and all max amps products, just let me know if you want a connector and what type of balance lead. also if you want a hard case shrink wrapped around cells. email me at [email protected]

i also carry common sense and trinity li-pro batteries, and blow out deals on some NiMH stuff.

hope this helps guys and keep on racing.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

thanks gator, i try to keep prices low and pass the savings on to my fellow hobby enthusiasts. i can get any and all max amps products and you save money compared to there site, just let me know if you want a connector and what type of balance lead. also if you want a hard case shrink wrapped around cells. email me at [email protected]

i also carry common sense and trinity li-pro batteries, and blow out deals on some NiMH stuff.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

thanks gator, i try to keep prices low and pass the savings on to my fellow hobby enthusiasts. i can get any and all max amps products and you save money compared to there site, just let me know if you want a connector and what type of balance lead. also if you want a hard case shrink wrapped around cells. email me at [email protected]

Old 02-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

I just talked to MaxAmps and they said their batteries are now ROAR approved even though they are not on the ROAR's approval list yet ????
I also just got off the phone with a MaxAmps sponsored driver I know and he told me to wait awhile before ordering to make sure they are actually approved. Apparently MaxAmps had a major incident with the ROAR technical director at a recent race in Indy and and we all know how ROAR is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.