R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   SPEKTRUM DX3R DSM2 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/205533-spektrum-dx3r-dsm2.html)

pink_sleeve 02-11-2008 06:10 PM

SPEKTRUM DX3R DSM2

How many of you are using this new radio and what are your thoughts?

dr_hfuhuhurr 02-11-2008 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve (Post 4168054)
How many of you are using this new radio and what are your thoughts?

There's a guy running electric at CRCRC that is using one. The radio looks VERY nice. It is super light. 4 AA's is all it takes and that makes for one light radio.

If I didn't already have a 3pks I would be looking seriously at this one.

pink_sleeve 02-11-2008 06:38 PM

stupid me. i ordered a new Ko Propo EX-1 UR and it's not here yet but after running the Kahuna race up in Mi. and seeing and feeling this radio i think i might have made the wrong purchase. I have had a Helios for about 2 years and liked it thats why i went with the new KO. :cry::cry::cry:

matcojeff 02-11-2008 06:43 PM

I got one the first day out. It's very fast and very light. The only problem I had is the receiver was bad I had to rebind about 10 times and it was since replaced. Other then that I wish it was back lit. I love it and would recommend it.

dr_hfuhuhurr 02-11-2008 06:55 PM

Yeah...anyone out there looking for a new radio should really fondle the DX3R:eek:

Jason Pelletier 02-11-2008 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr (Post 4168252)
Yeah...anyone out there looking for a new radio should really fondle the DX3R:eek:

I thought it felt cheap, Toy like. Also a guy at my track had a reciever go bad as well.

RCGaryK 02-11-2008 09:21 PM

There's more info on this radio at the thread below:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=196200

dr_hfuhuhurr 02-11-2008 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by RB FIVE (Post 4168815)
I thought it felt cheap, Toy like. Also a guy at my track had a reciever go bad as well.

I'd heard that too. That it felt cheap. I thought it felt light, not necessarily cheap. I think it's at least worth looking at. Feel is different for everyone.

cpatel529 02-11-2008 11:14 PM

I wish their was a way to use a receiver pack or a lipo pack instead of batteries.

Other than that I love it...

matcojeff 02-12-2008 05:39 AM

rb five i was the one that had the receiver go bad. Horizon replaced it since. I think it feels light not cheep. The button wheel is tight and the trigger and steering wheel feel great.
I think because it's so light that people say it feels cheap. Light is great.

OWTKAST cpt 02-12-2008 09:26 AM

Super light weight. some may call it toy like. Even say it feels cheap. BUT it is a tight sturdy radio, and i think it it well made and thought out.

Some complain of the small feel of the grip. I too thought this until taking a guys car around the track with one. The small too some feels like your squeeezing to get full throttle. In my opinoin though it allows for good throttle control especially in the mid range of trigger throw.

All in all i look to getting one after using it. For honestly when i just picked up i did not care for it. After using one, and the excellent customer service i have gotten with Spektrum, I will be picking one up for outdoor season.

DRRC 02-12-2008 09:37 AM

It is a good, ergonomic and easy radio to use
I use it for all my cars and I have no complaints
I have won my 2 races last weekend while using this radio
Exponential, frame rate and other features that I have customized with each car getting the most out of my electrics
I like it and wont change it, and dont forget it is DSM
And yes it is light, and this is a benefit in long nitro mains or when racing multiple classes, it didnt make my wrists tired
just my 2 cents

PS I should be sponsored by Spectrum for saying all of this:nod:

Jason Pelletier 02-12-2008 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by matcojeff (Post 4169783)
rb five i was the one that had the receiver go bad. Horizon replaced it since. I think it feels light not cheep. The button wheel is tight and the trigger and steering wheel feel great.
I think because it's so light that people say it feels cheap. Light is great.

This is harley charlie ? If so wassup.

I never tried it but just held it. I hear its really fast this radio. Its is light as a feather for sure.

elnitro 02-12-2008 10:40 AM

I take it that the screen is not backlit? I have read all the info but there is no mention of it. If it wasn't for the 4PK on the horizon, I would surely like to try this one.

Lars Johnson 02-12-2008 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by cpatel529 (Post 4169152)
I wish their was a way to use a receiver pack or a lipo pack instead of batteries.

It's really not necessary. I just replaced my AA's after 8:20 of use, it was still working fine at 5.2v, but i installed those energizer lithium AA's, which should go a lot longer. Think of the weight of 4 AA's vs a 7.6v lipo - you're really not gaining any advantage with that.

elnitro - no, it is not backlit.