Wiki Posts
Search

Rustler Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Rustler Help

Just got the Rustler 2day and iam transfering the electronics from my Touring Car into the Rustler.
Planning on running Off-Road Sunday, and been looking over the Rustler, and its not very adjustable?

Iam gonna run Stock Truck for club racing, then whenver the Winterblast comes to Albion, ill run 19T. But iam gonna learn with Stock first!

My questions is what can i do to the truck to make it adjustable???
Ive been looking at parts on Ebay, and been very curious.
Can VXL parts fit on the older Rustlers??? (like the shocks)
Does Assocaited springs work on Ruster/VXL shocks???
Can i run VXL turnbuckles on the truck??? The Rustler trunbuckles are just a big plastic rod!

Can the Rustler NT body work on the electric Rustler???
Will Proline Mounted Pins fit on the Rustler, or do i have to use the gay stock wheels, then buy the inserts and tires???
how can i lower the truck??? Its REALLY high up!
What can i do to the tranny???

Basically anything to get a Rustler race ready!!!

thanks, NightRider Racing
Old 01-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

if you were going to use your electronics you should have gotten a T4, by the time you get that rustler race ready you will have quite a bit of money stuck into it, a factory team T4 kit is like 230 bucks or the team kit is 180 I think.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:10 AM
Tech Addict

The reason i got a Rustler instead of a T4, is i got the Rustler as a trade, and its a truck to learn on! I dont wanna go out and be buying the latest and greatest equiptment yet. Just somethin to learn on!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

You should be able to use the shocks off the newer truck, but I'd just change oil and springs on the ones that you have. Losi springs should fit better than AE springs on those. I believe Traxxas uses a hex wheel, so you must use theirs. Any good truck tire will fit, though. Change shock preload to adjust ride height. Add clips to raise it, remove them to lower it. Any turnbuckle that's the right length will work.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

just go race it , imo dont spend alot of money tring to make your rustler better , it is what it is , its a great truck just wasnt designed to race , ray