Wiki Posts
Search

2wd VS. 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer34v
sweet ride..... is that a tamiya bodyshell?
Nope, it's the Kyosho 'Bullet'
Old 01-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThunderRobo
Yea, the RTR doesnt have the metal body shocks and no one way setup. Also, the ZX5 kit has the carbon composite parts, where the RTR has the plastic parts.

But it does come with some sort of a universal shaft on all fours compared to the dogbones in the kit.
Interest, so the ZX5 kit version uses dogbones??
Old 01-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yep, the kit version uses Dogbones in the rear, It does however, have universals in the front, part# La231. It needs LA232 on the back.

They are 23ish a pair, i bough em for my RTR on the first night anyways.

The shocks on the RTR is pretty nice, sure it doesnt have the metal body but it works just as well!
Old 01-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

I have a kyosho zx5 also. I run GTB w/ 7.5. It is very efficient becasue it is shaft drive. It is plenty fast and not too hard on tires. It can keep up with other buggies with bigger motor becasue those buggies have too much power the tires just spin.

The zx5 is very durable, just make sure you use the battery foam to cushing the battery. The only thing I broke on the car was a couple of steering knuckles after about 40 packs (the screw hole stripped). Kyosho makes the world champion 1/8 gas buggies for years, so they know what they are doing.

I run 3200 carbon lipo. It will run 15+ minutes.

I also drive 4wd 1/8 gas buggy. Driving 4wd electric is more similar, I don't need to adj as much.

Last edited by straightaway; 02-06-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Suspended

Default 2WD is harder to drive than 4WD

I like 4WD better because it's easier to drive and easier to get decent laps with.
I've raced 2WD before and it's a pain in the butt sometimes.

I have yet to try a true stadium truck. But sure enough I will one day.

2WD buggies OMG are a pain to win races with-been there done that-.
Stadium Trucks seem easier to most people.
But the pros I race with can do it all. I have yet to accomplish that goal.

Look at TEBO 2WD buggy, 2WD truck, and 4WD buggy.
Alot of us wish we were that good.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

2wd buggy is the best way to learn off road racing. It's a little harder to drive, but IMO the most fun. 4wd is great I am not dogging it in anyway. But it's off road I like to slide around a little bit. I have seen quotes from many of the top pros saying that 2wd buggy is the best format to learn on. Then should you ever transition to trucks or 4wd it's pretty easy. Although the speed and handling of the 4wd can be addicting. I would just go with whatever the bigger class is at your local track. That is if you can afford the 4wd's extra price.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Marshall
2wd buggy is the best way to learn off road racing. It's a little harder to drive, but IMO the most fun. 4wd is great I am not dogging it in anyway. But it's off road I like to slide around a little bit. I have seen quotes from many of the top pros saying that 2wd buggy is the best format to learn on. Then should you ever transition to trucks or 4wd it's pretty easy. Although the speed and handling of the 4wd can be addicting. I would just go with whatever the bigger class is at your local track. That is if you can afford the 4wd's extra price.

This is the best advice within the thread, Go 2wd first and learn the off road ropes and when you get that down move up to 4wd. Its just too easy to over drive a 4wd car and there is alittle bit more going on. I would suggest you go 2wd and then get a 4wd down the road. It will make you a better driver to learn to drive 2wd in dirt.