Wiki Posts
Search

TeamLosi(Junk or NOT!) Come Vote

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McDonough
How many people can say this.....that is not the point. The point is that Losi no longer sells the race performance "Team Losi." Not that that they sell the rtr...good for them. But they I think a lot of people would like to see them still try and compete/sell the race performance Team Losi stuff too.

Just my .02
Agreed 100%, Losi need to start releasing some more race performance kits, cant imagine how many micro, new lst versions, rtr trucks yada yada they have made lately.

Thats why I like Mugen, they concentrate on making race performance kits and not muck around with all these rtr cars,trucks
Old 01-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

How many more race kits do you whiners need ? Losi has eight top level race kits available . Personally i was hoping for a new 4wd but just because they came out with a RTR doesn`t mean Losi is gonna stop making race quality kits . It took AE how long to develop a 4wd and really not even their own design. The B44 comes out and everyone expects Losi to have a kit right after they do . As mentioned in the other threads about this pointless beotching and moaning , AE makes RTRs also . If Losi just made race kits they would have been out of business years ago . You people have to remember something , most RC enthusiasts start out bashing in their yard , street , whatever . Without RTRs the RC market would have fallen as there surely would be less newcomers . When I was 8 years old I sure couldn`t go spend the kind of money it takes to build a race quality car and most parents sure wouldn`t spend that kind of money on something they see is just a toy in their eyes . With Losi and AE making RTRs it gives the newbie a cheap way of getting started and a familiar name when that person is ready for a race quality kit .

Most of us started playing with these cars in our yards . If you knew nothing about this hobby and wanted to try it and see if you like it , would you rush out and spend $1,000.00 to jump into it , I highly doubt it .

Think about if you owned Horizon/Losi , would you just make race kits ? You would lose 80% of your business to cater to just the racers and then you would be bankrupt quick .
Old 01-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
How many more race kits do you whiners need ? Losi has eight top level race kits available . Personally i was hoping for a new 4wd but just because they came out with a RTR doesn`t mean Losi is gonna stop making race quality kits . It took AE how long to develop a 4wd and really not even their own design. The B44 comes out and everyone expects Losi to have a kit right after they do . As mentioned in the other threads about this pointless beotching and moaning , AE makes RTRs also . If Losi just made race kits they would have been out of business years ago . You people have to remember something , most RC enthusiasts start out bashing in their yard , street , whatever . Without RTRs the RC market would have fallen as there surely would be less newcomers . When I was 8 years old I sure couldn`t go spend the kind of money it takes to build a race quality car and most parents sure wouldn`t spend that kind of money on something they see is just a toy in their eyes . With Losi and AE making RTRs it gives the newbie a cheap way of getting started and a familiar name when that person is ready for a race quality kit .

Most of us started playing with these cars in our yards . If you knew nothing about this hobby and wanted to try it and see if you like it , would you rush out and spend $1,000.00 to jump into it , I highly doubt it .

Think about if you owned Horizon/Losi , would you just make race kits ? You would lose 80% of your business to cater to just the racers and then you would be bankrupt quick .
Nice post, go swivel.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

How and the heck do people state that losi is getting out of racing when there is the 8ight b/t, ad2, lst2, xxxcr etc?

I see losi vehicles in the top mains everytime I read about a major race. I think most people in electric forums feel they are retreating from racing because it does seem they are more focused on nitro.

I also believe that losi has dominated in their rtr formats. Their electronics are much better than others. From spektrum to jr radios and servos. It is all decent stuff and is capable of being raced. Look at their mach engines as well....very powerful and reliable. They also include decent pipes with their nitro rtr's.

I also think their rtr stadium truck with brushless is awesome for someone getting into racing. Decent radio and decent electronics along with a nice truck. I don't know of any company that does this. I have had associated rtr's for the heck of it and while the chassis are fine, the electronics are worthless.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I was referring to their xxx-t rtr with bl, not their new truck. However, with some minor tweaks their new truck would be fine for someone just starting. The kv rating of the motor is only 4500ish i believe, which isn't crazy...only when throwing super voltage threw it will it be nuts.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Losi has no need to release a new electric race spec car other than possibly redoing a 4wd. Their electric 2wd cars are still effective . There is no reason they need to revamp them.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

this thread should be CLOSED. yea, so Losi is releasing another RTR. That is where the money is. Those of us that run businesses understand that, those that dont make threads like this.

Now Losi still has some of the top cars on the market. the 8ight, 8ight T, xxx cr, and xxxt cr, less then 2 years old. Just because they dont release what you want, doesnt mean they are junk.

Also this has the Losi BL system, not a novak that had alot of problems.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kufman
The RTR's are driving me out of the hobby because the companies are no longer making something that I would like to buy. I don't race that much so I don't need a Fatory Team, Pro, Turbo, XXX car, yet I have been in the hobby for over 20 years so I don't need another piece of crap radio or can 05 motor. So, with companies making RTR's instead of interesting products there is simply nothing for me to buy. I am a descent racer that likes to race around the back yard with brushless motors. The top of the line cars are not good for this because ALL of their tranny's suck!! I don't care if it is Losi, Associated, or Kyosho, none of them can take any real power. Don't tell me to loosen the slipper either, those are just big band-aid fixes for piss poor design.
You mentioned AE earilyer, they have a team version of both the b4 and t4 which would be right up your alley.

Save $50 over the Factory team and add your own electronics which ultimately will be better than the rtr ones.

Just thought I would help
Old 01-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McDonough
How many people can say this.....that is not the point. The point is that Losi no longer sells the race performance "Team Losi." Not that that they sell the rtr...good for them. But they I think a lot of people would like to see them still try and compete/sell the race performance Team Losi stuff too.

Just my .02
It's not a matter of how many people say it. I think it's a matter that the people who are upset with the release will continue to disagree over whether Team Losi sells race quality cars. It's clear you believe they don't. I absolutely disagree with you. There's nothing wrong with that and most likely you're not going to persuade me to your way of thinking and I'm not going to sway you to mine. It is what it is.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Briguy

Your damn right! Losi is just taking advantage of the multiple hobby market. I can think of several other manufacturers whom are not. Money is buisness, simple as that.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
eight and eight t, Nice cr and t-cr nice. way innovative. rc8 and B44 are diff. at least AE offers there 1/18 mini's in a performance kit too
B44, way invovative....a couple years ago when the BJ4 WE came out.

Ever heard of the Mini-T pro...aka a performance kit.

You seem to like Kyosho, did you rip on the ZX5 RTR when that came out??
Old 01-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

there is a reason in all of this, most people don't run a a company to sell to the small groups, but to sell to the masses. weekly race attendance is not what it used to be, but there is plenty of moms and dads that will pay 250 for a car that their kid can run right out of the box. its all about the money,
Old 01-18-2008, 12:24 AM
Tech Addict

Losi are targeting a different market then what they built their reputation on, So while that isn't really a sin (even if it is weakening the brand, and this thread reflects that is happening, no matter what side of the argument you are on) I can see why people think its worth discussing.

That aside, The weakest aspect of this entire release is that they have just followed what the low level manufacturers are spitting out, For that reason alone, If I was after one of trucks designed for running up and down the road, I wouldn't buy the Losi.

And I think the truck is a crap one to start with. Buggies belong on dirt.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

losi makes a good car either way you look at it. cr's and cr-t's are competitive so is an 8ight or an 8t. i just think they build more to hit a price point than to actually build an all out race car. designs are some of the most cutting edge but i question some of the parts quality..i can go down the list of the cars though that fall into this though and it wouldnt just be losi.

as a more realistic point of view i think kits like this speed t will bring new people into the hobby and any way you look at it eventually that adds racers.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Are you guys serious?? ITS A BUSINESS.

I was introduced to real RC cars on the street in front of my house. my neighbor had an RC10 that was ballistic fast. He drag raced it up and down the block and i was hooked on the speed. My addiction to rc began with speed not racing. I later fell in love with racing on tracks.

I now own a xxx-cr, xxx-tcr, xx-4, xxx-bk2, 8ight, 8ight-T, mini-T & a LST. I would love to get a speed T truck, trick it out with a faster motor & lipo and blow the doors off all the little speed demon kids around my way! and when the ask me what car it is i can tell them a LOSI! Losi/horizon are genius!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.