Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TeamLosi(Junk or NOT!) Come Vote >

TeamLosi(Junk or NOT!) Come Vote

TeamLosi(Junk or NOT!) Come Vote

Old 01-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D Hunt 3
B44, way invovative....a couple years ago when the BJ4 WE came out.

Ever heard of the Mini-T pro...aka a performance kit.

You seem to like Kyosho, did you rip on the ZX5 RTR when that came out??
Naa because Kyosho and ae keep updating and coming out with race chassis as well. Unlike losi. I never said losi cars were bad i just state they are moving away from the racing. Kyosho built the rb5 specificly (sp?) to win the 2007 worlds. Just speaking on how gil losi sold his company to a big company to make "losi" style rtr's. He know works with kyosho. who cares

the lazer rtr isnt a fair comparision. It's offered in 2 different kit versions + RTR as well with 2 different conversion kits if you want as well for existing lazers.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Naa because Kyosho and ae keep updating and coming out with race chassis as well. Unlike losi. I never said losi cars were bad i just state they are moving away from the racing. Kyosho built the rb5 specificly (sp?) to win the 2007 worlds. Just speaking on how gil losi sold his company to a big company to make "losi" style rtr's. He know works with kyosho. who cares

the lazer rtr isnt a fair comparision. It's offered in 2 different kit versions + RTR as well with 2 different conversion kits if you want as well for existing lazers.

i think this thread is ignorant, but when was the b-4 introduced????

how much do you need to spend on the rb-5 to make it competitive???

the losi car is not perfect, but you dont need much out of the box to get it running jesses setup.....

come on, you guys must have better things to do than argue about this stuff
Old 01-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

I never said losi cars were bad i just state they are moving away from the racing.
That's all I was trying to say in my post. People shouldn't complain about the amount of rtr's...who cares. Losi should make $$ however they can. I just think some people wish they had the "racer" support they used to have.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

Since we are on grammer lesson class here on RCTECH. I am sure that "He know works with Kyosho" should say "He now works with Kyosho".

I have still yet to see where they are moving away from racing. I don't see why you would waste the money for R&D when its not needed. Their current platforms are performing at all the major events.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by McDonough
That's all I was trying to say in my post. People shouldn't complain about the amount of rtr's...who cares. Losi should make $$ however they can. I just think some people wish they had the "racer" support they used to have.
I think they do personally. I know of two sponsored drivers that live right down the road from me.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mr. losi

how much do you need to spend on the rb-5 to make it competitive???

the losi car is not perfect, but you dont need much out of the box to get it running jesses setup.....
tires.......

How much plastic you have to dremel off a losi to make it competitive ?, read it how you want but your post is ignorant.

enlighten me on what i need to spend to make it competitive.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Andy Haynes
Since we are on grammer lesson class here on RCTECH. I am sure that "He know works with Kyosho" should say "He now works with Kyosho".

I have still yet to see where they are moving away from racing. I don't see why you would waste the money for R&D when its not needed. Their current platforms are performing at all the major events.

who cares about my grammer, you know what i meant. Why do people keep dragging kyosho into it. just cause i drive a kyosho. Never said they were better or the race vehicles suck, horizon sucks.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by baruke1
Are you guys serious?? ITS A BUSINESS.

I was introduced to real RC cars on the street in front of my house. my neighbor had an RC10 that was ballistic fast. He drag raced it up and down the block and i was hooked on the speed. My addiction to rc began with speed not racing. I later fell in love with racing on tracks.

I now own a xxx-cr, xxx-tcr, xx-4, xxx-bk2, 8ight, 8ight-T, mini-T & a LST. I would love to get a speed T truck, trick it out with a faster motor & lipo and blow the doors off all the little speed demon kids around my way! and when the ask me what car it is i can tell them a LOSI! Losi/horizon are genius!
This guy whips my butt with his losi's all the time, bless is awesome driver and his cars work great.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

As a racer, i don't care what the company is called (Losi, Associated, Ofna, Cen, you get the point.) I will go with a brand that sells what i want in a kit for racing or close to what i'm looking for. The RTR is just as important as the racer kits, both are needed for a good market. Without one or the other i think it would go down the crapper. Just my opinion.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

tires.......

How much plastic you have to dremel off a losi to make it competitive ?, read it how you want but your post is ignorant.

enlighten me on what i need to spend to make it competitive.

i have not dremeled my losi at all.....i am not sure what you mean by that, nor have i heard of anyone dremeleing a losi cr......

o hte kyosho, i have a coles buddy who is sponsored by them, you need , carbide diff balls, titanium, some new arms, a rear shock tower those i know of for sure, there may be more....

for all others reading this, please do not take this as a cut on the rb 5, i really think it is a good car, this is a cut ON rb5......
Old 01-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I never said losi cars were bad i just state they are moving away from the racing
please explain to me - if Losi is moving away from racing, why does Adam Drake still work there? Why does Mike Truhe still run for them? And why would they have signed 2 of the biggest names in European Nitro Offroad racing last year? And why have they released 4 Race-bred kits; the 8ight, 8ight-T, XXX-CR and XXXT-CR in the last 2 years?

Basically, your above statement is untrue. They are not moving away from racing. They are tapping into another R/C market that is continually growing, much like Kyosho, Traxxas, AE, Hot Bodies, Academy, insert company name here have All done to stay afloat. Companies don't make money solely on Racing products, hate to break it to you.

I understand you think Horizon sucks. Sorry you feel that way. But your continual slandering of Losi/Horizon on here is really getting old.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

i race a lazer and the only hop up i added was some shock tower holders and some aluminium hexes but its just because i wanted some they arent needed. and kyosho makes a race car first and then they release an rtr. they also keep making new versions of the same car but they change alot on the conversion kits. there is a few suspension set ups you can have on the lazer or rb5 now so you can use it as a tuning option. a guy at a local track got 2nd in the amain with a stock kyosho lazer rtr, he only upgraded the electronics.

even academy comes out with race kits first and then they release an rtr. and its better to make a race kit into an rtr then to make an rtr into a race kit.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mr. losi
i have not dremeled my losi at all.....i am not sure what you mean by that, nor have i heard of anyone dremeleing a losi cr......

o hte kyosho, i have a coles buddy who is sponsored by them, you need , carbide diff balls, titanium, some new arms, a rear shock tower those i know of for sure, there may be more....

for all others reading this, please do not take this as a cut on the rb 5, i really think it is a good car, this is a cut ON rb5......
False false false,

to be competitive you dont need any of that. how does ti turnbuckles make you faster...... they are stronger though.

the wider rear isnt needed at all, people just assume it is and isnt designed by kyosho somebody came up with it. I dont have it on my car. By the way the stock kyosho arms are def. more durable then losi ea3 composite

diff balls...... maybe but yet again this carries over from the lazer having weak ones not the rb5.

Whats wrong with the rear shock tower ?? i am really curious on this one.

you dont know jack, losiboy......... nice post. a cut on you. Again you chose to insult me and my car.

i dont even know what has gotten into me argueing about toy cars. thats a bad on myself. finished.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Supportive

I am actually really happy about this and the Traxxas Brushless.
As a track operator, I have seen for years and years kids come in with combinations that they have no idea what to do with because they went in the hobby shop and said I want to go REAL fast.
The hobby shop empties their wallet or maxes out their credit card and sells them stuff they have no idea how to use and then they bring it to my track and burn it up.
Fry the motors, Blow the ESC's, bust up the trucks.
With these High end RTR's at least they are getting a package that is put together to hold up.
Losi still makes high quality race vehicles, but like any smart business, they are changing with the times and producing vehicles that satisfy customer demand.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

who cares about my grammer, you know what i meant. Why do people keep dragging kyosho into it. just cause i drive a kyosho. Never said they were better or the race vehicles suck, horizon sucks.

Hey you are the one that got your panties in a wad to correct me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.