Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TeamLosi(Junk or NOT!) Come Vote

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SUNA
...because it's a great way to get 3,600 posts in 6 months!
That's at least 20 post's per day average.

Some people have a lot of time on their hands.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

It's hard to type with two fingers, what a work out, worst than the remote.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Team Losi?!?!?
It's Team Lousi, get it right people!
Old 01-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

I just don't see an issue with a company trying to stay in business. And by calling the whole Losi line junk is almost as stupid as the comment about rtr killing the hobby. So they did away with their low end car. Why wouldn't they? Make sense to me. I know of almost no one that would not want to pay an extra 50 dollars for a kit to already have all the team stuff included. Let me guess all of you Losi bashers are going to be bashing Associated here in a month or two when they follow Losi and build a truck to compete with this one. I have the best suggestion yet for you guys. If you don't like it don't buy it.

Btw for the person talking about HPI. HPI is what its always been. A basher . Can someone enlighten me on how many championships they have one?
Old 01-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Haynes
I have the best suggestion yet for you guys. If you don't like it don't buy it.
/thread
Old 01-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I just don't see an issue with a company trying to stay in business. And by calling the whole Losi line junk is almost as stupid as the comment about rtr killing the hobby. So they did away with their low end car. Why wouldn't they? Make sense to me. I know of almost no one that would not want to pay an extra 50 dollars for a kit to already have all the team stuff included. Let me guess all of you Losi bashers are going to be bashing Associated here in a month or two when they follow Losi and build a truck to compete with this one. I have the best suggestion yet for you guys. If you don't like it don't buy it.

Btw for the person talking about HPI. HPI is what its always been. A basher . Can someone enlighten me on how many championships they have one?
Have you even read this thread ?, championships WON, and most of all AE isnt abandoning there racing roots with its last 2 releases. If anything they are moving racing forward with there b4 and t4 rtr's and the b44. Look at how much popular 4wd racing is due to the 300.00 carbon fiber b44. Th rc8 looks really sweet and there on road cars a great too. Just wait for the b5/t5.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Have you even read this thread ?, championships WON, and most of all AE isnt abandoning there racing roots with its last 2 releases. If anything they are moving racing forward with there b4 and t4 rtr's and the b44. Look at how much popular 4wd racing is due to the 300.00 carbon fiber b44. Th rc8 looks really sweet and there on road cars a great too. Just wait for the b5/t5.
Sorry got a little caught up and had a grammer error. But back to the statement I made. Yes I have read the thread. I am asking are you same people going to be bashing AE in a few months when they follow Losi like they always do and build something comparable to this new Losi? Where has Losi abandoned their roots? Because they have come out with some RTR and Mini's? Can you blame them for tapping into that market?
Old 01-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Champion

Sorry got a little caught up and had a grammer error. But back to the statement I made. Yes I have read the thread. I am asking are you same people going to be bashing AE in a few months when they follow Losi like they always do and build something comparable to this new Losi? Where has Losi abandoned their roots? Because they have come out with some RTR and Mini's? Can you blame them for tapping into that market?
Ya know actually i wish more hobby shops promoted racing, It's really more rewarding then most rtr buyers would prolly realize
Old 01-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

...If anything they are moving racing forward with there b4 and t4 rtr's and the b44...
Ya, you're definately right on there. The RTR T4/B4 really does move along racing. I mean, you can buy it, and then have to buy a new servo right away because it'll mostly likely break the plastic gears. Then you'll need a new ESC when that burns up, and probably a faster motor like most rtr people like. OR you can buy a LOSI which comes with a JR590 servo (metal gears, decent torque), which will last longer than most parts on the truck, and the LOSI truck also comes with a BRUSHLESS SPEEDCONTROL and MOTOR. The Novak speedo is proven, and Novak has great customer support if you do happen to have some troubles. Plus the motor is a 4300, all the motor and then some that a beginner will be needing.

Yup, you're right, the AE rtr's are helping the racing community WAY more than the Losi.

BTW, I really don't have a thing against AE, I've just had Losi cars from day one, and thats what I like, sure I may say Losi is better than AE, but I'm just giving people crap because I can.

And like many people have said, Losi has released the XXX-CR, 8ight, 8ight-T, and XXX-T CR, all within the last year or so. That's 2 more race cars than AE has realeased.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Ya know actually i wish more hobby shops promoted racing, It's really more rewarding then most rtr buyers would prolly realize
When I got back into racing 4 years ago I went with a xxxs rtr. Mainly because it had decent electronics. Losi has now come a long way from then and they are putting decent stuff in their RTR's. Given your going to want to change some things but in all reality your competative straight out of the box. Or atleast I was. The main way to keep the RTR guy into the sport when they get a car is to have a class that they can compete in. You have to have a rookie class.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by D Hunt 3
Ya, you're definately right on there. The RTR T4/B4 really does move along racing. I mean, you can buy it, and then have to buy a new servo right away because it'll mostly likely break the plastic gears. Then you'll need a new ESC when that burns up, and probably a faster motor like most rtr people like. OR you can buy a LOSI which comes with a JR590 servo (metal gears, decent torque), which will last longer than most parts on the truck, and the LOSI truck also comes with a BRUSHLESS SPEEDCONTROL and MOTOR. The Novak speedo is proven, and Novak has great customer support if you do happen to have some troubles. Plus the motor is a 4300, all the motor and then some that a beginner will be needing.

Yup, you're right, the AE rtr's are helping the racing community WAY more than the Losi.

BTW, I really don't have a thing against AE, I've just had Losi cars from day one, and thats what I like, sure I may say Losi is better than AE, but I'm just giving people crap because I can.

And like many people have said, Losi has released the XXX-CR, 8ight, 8ight-T, and XXX-T CR, all within the last year or so. That's 2 more race cars than AE has realeased.
z590 is garbage too bro, also a 350.00 70 mph sensorless bl lipo truck isnt what a rookie needs to start racing, pull your head out of the sand. a 229.99 rtr package gets them going and you dont need BL to race. Sure everything is sub par but a z590 servo is slow as balls and i am sure that sensorless BL motor isnt even race legal in most classes, plus that truck comes with on road tires and a wheely bar.

eight and eight t, Nice cr and t-cr nice. way innovative. rc8 and B44 are diff. at least AE offers there 1/18 mini's in a performance kit too
Old 01-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lars Johnson
why does there need to be a 3rd thread about this
I agree....this thread is stupid. Horizon will continue to sell the RTR cars because they sell. People buy them. They wouldn't do it if they didn't sell.

Team Losi is still one of the top tier teams - no question. The biggest form of racing right now is 1/8 scale off road and Team Losi has produced a winner from day 1.

It really doesn't bother me. Apparently Team Losi is the devil for selling RTR cars but AE gets away with selling little mini rally cars and all that type stuff as well.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson
It really doesn't bother me. Apparently Team Losi is the devil for selling RTR cars but AE gets away with selling little mini rally cars and all that type stuff as well.
How many people can say this.....that is not the point. The point is that Losi no longer sells the race performance "Team Losi." Not that that they sell the rtr...good for them. But they I think a lot of people would like to see them still try and compete/sell the race performance Team Losi stuff too.

Just my .02
Old 01-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by McDonough
How many people can say this.....that is not the point. The point is that Losi no longer sells the race performance "Team Losi." Not that that they sell the rtr...good for them. But they I think a lot of people would like to see them still try and compete/sell the race performance Team Losi stuff too.

Just my .02
Bingo, he read the thread.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Losi still sells more race level kits than anyone else. Here's a list:

XXXcr, XXXTcr, XXX4G+,XX4 WE (who else makes two 4wd kits?), JRXSr, 8ight, 8ight-T, XXX-NT AD-2. All but two of those kits are one year old or less. AE releases a 4wd car that somebody else designed (sort of) and they are the "real" racing company? You all realize that Associated is owned by Thunder Tiger, right? I still can't figure out how so many people have become convinced that Losi is not comitted to racing. Can someone explain? Intelligently????

RBFive, DHunt3 was refering to the Losi XXXT brushless truck. It's a RTR race truck that comes stock with a Novak Sensorless BL system and a quality programmable FM radio, it is a wonder that AE sells a single T4 rtr with this car on the market against it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.