Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
The New! Losi 1/10th Brushless Truck !!!! >

The New! Losi 1/10th Brushless Truck !!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New! Losi 1/10th Brushless Truck !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Geez I guess I should have waited and posted on page two with the people with common sense. Page 1 is a bunch of crazed Losi bashers LOL.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

I have heard of people bashing xxx-ts & t4s because they don't come stock w/ a wheely bar. Now, stop crying & when a kid shows up to the track w/ one teach him how to set it up so that you will have another person to race w/ and hopefully compete w/ you one day. To be honest, the original xxx-t has just as many tuning options as the xxx-cr. Most people just don't have the common sense to recongnize them. It is funny how losi can sale a car w/ tuning options that will do the same thing & yet you will buy it because you think its a completely new tuning option.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Vote http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=201328
Old 01-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Davidka
That's a very profound statement. Your parents must be very proud.

You do realize that Kyosho has been in the RTR business a lot longer than Losi, don't you? You also realize that Kyosho only just recently got back into making electric racing vehicles for the first time in 15 years (since Losi pretty much put them out of the racing business), right?
Exactly I live in the "now" not the past and kyosho is going in the direction we wanna see losi go in. thanks pal. My parents are proud.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

WOW this has gotten out of hand

I am disappointed personally because I wanted a 1/8 electric to be the new car
about the new 1/10 truck dont know how it runs until we see it so no comment on how it runs,
but it is good for newbies to get into the hobby
we were all newbies once, not all will be enticed to race but there will be some and this will increase
the racers in the 1/10 truck class

there is nothing wrong with RTR, it is like porsche making an SUV and people complained but you see porsche
has more revenue to make better and newer cars bec of the SUV
it is the same way, RTR is the mainstream and this is were they get the money
but what is disappointing with losi is they dont have a race team anymore.
They only have a few good racers and they are still very good and are winners but where is the team.
Where is the money from RTR going to.

with a race team more R and D can be done, better racing cars or parts, the MF2 is the worst car to have,
it breaks everyrace now they have replaced it with the xxxt-cr which is basically a xxxt with a few new parts
that is why racers are reacting this way
sure have a new RTR but give something back to the racers, the hardcore losi guys,
like me, i am the only losi guy in my track, everybody has gone to AE for electric, AE ofna, mugen etc for nitro 1/8
i still like my cars, still like to be the only one, but if there is no developement for losi i might have to rethink things

just my 2cents

Last edited by DRRC; 01-17-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Sounds like Todd did a great job of designing this thing.

Way to go Toooooddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

It's not that losi race cars suck, they dont. Its just they are moving away from them or not putting enough attention towards the race cars which built the losi name that it is today. Thats what sucks.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

LOSI?? WHOS LOSI?? i only know of four names .
associated. kyosho. tamiya. and hotbodies
Old 01-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chewiefttc4
LOSI?? WHOS LOSI?? i only know of four names .
associated. kyosho. tamiya. and hotbodies

And only one of those manufacturers you mention makes a race worthy 2wd stadium truck which is one of the largest group of electric classes. So I don't see the comparison.

You guys are trying to compare apples to oranges here.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow... Ok, I broke weak and placed my order today for a Speed T... Why? To use as my newest oval dirt track car ... I have a Xxxt Cr, but I don't want to change the setup to run oval... I had planned on picking up a Xxxt for my needs, but I think the speed will be better... A little suspension tunning, step pins , and a good battery pack should suit my purposes fine...
Old 01-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

RB FIVE's posts make me want to punch myself in the face.

Last edited by D Hunt 3; 01-17-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I don't see why everyone is crying that they make things other than race vehicles, if they have to build these cars to make the profit to continue making race cars which they sell less of so be it. In the past 2 years they've come out with new versions of everything except a 4wd EP offroad, which one could argue that until this year was on the decline anyway.
This post hits the nail on the head. It's the most common sense I've seen on here. It doesn't require an explanation anymore complicated than this one.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

MATT FRANCIS:The New! Losi 1/10th Brushless Truck !!!!-matt-1.jpg

This the truck that "ROCKS"!

As for as the new truck more kudo's to Team Losi!
Old 01-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

While I dont race 1/10 electric, I do believe that brushless/lipo is the future of electric r/c.

I bet that if Losi had released the XXX-T CR in a RTR version with brushless and lipo, everyone would have a different opinion.

I do understand Losi for wanting to jump into the rtr market. Traxxas has dominated that market for years and I dont blame Losi one bit for wanting a piece of the pie. If it wasnt for the rtr market, r/c might not be as popular as it is today. 10 years ago, we didnt have rtr kits and I had to spent $1000 to get a race ready B3 put together. I dont know of any newbie that would spend that kind of $ to try r/c racing. But for Losi and Traxxas to produce rtr brushless vehicles for $300 is genius.

Point being, while we as hardcore racers might not enjoy the idea of a rtr brushless truck, it most definitly will bring new people into the sport we all love. afterall, dont we want our sport to grow? I think that Losi is on the right track.

P.S. Losi still makes some pretty kick a$$ cars and trucks that arent rtr.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Kind of seems like Team Losi is stretching it a little with this one. Very interesting though. It looks fast as hell. Can't take that away from it. I don't know....maybe not in my local demographic.

I'm more interested in the electronics...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.