New Kyosho 4WD buggy? >

New Kyosho 4WD buggy?

New Kyosho 4WD buggy?

Old 07-09-2003, 09:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New Kyosho 4WD buggy?

Hi guys.

http://www.rcworld.ch/archiv.asp?id=359&newssort=Autos

I just stumbled upon this today. It seems like a relatively recent development, but I haven't seen or heard anything about it, other than what's here.

At first glance, it looks like a re-hash of the Lazer we all know; similar chassis, belt drive, battery config, etc etc. Might anyone have any further info on this buggy by chance?

Cheers,
Old 07-09-2003, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

The ZX-S Evo has been about for a few years, I think it's essentially a highly developed ZX, with lots of detail changes, but the same basic layout i.e. twin belts.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: New Kyosho 4WD buggy?

Kyosho displayed a new 4wd buggy at the Shizouka Hobby show 2003. It was a single belt type. But no word on its production yet. If you do a search for "shizouka" there use to be a thread for it with links.
The picture you posted is of the old ZX-evolution. Its a few years old.
Originally posted by Captain_America
Hi guys.

http://www.rcworld.ch/archiv.asp?id=359&newssort=Autos

I just stumbled upon this today. It seems like a relatively recent development, but I haven't seen or heard anything about it, other than what's here.

At first glance, it looks like a re-hash of the Lazer we all know; similar chassis, belt drive, battery config, etc etc. Might anyone have any further info on this buggy by chance?

Cheers,
Old 07-09-2003, 03:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys, thanks for the info.

Initially, it was my impression that the ZX-S Evo was in fact, the end-product of that mysterious 4WD chassis that Kyosho had on display at Shizuoka, but I guess that they're 2 completely different beasts.

Since the Lazer EVO has been out for a while, and I haven't heard anything about it or see it being raced, I can only assume that the car's something of a dud
Old 07-10-2003, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not sure it's ever been sold outside Japan, but it's been in National A-finals over there.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Sosidge.

That would make sense, as pretty much all of the searches I've done for the Lazer ZXS EVO have turned-up japanese pages. I guess there isn't enough demand to import it to north america, since 1/10 4WD offroad isn't at it's popularity high point at the moment.

It would be nice if one of the current R/C mags did a 4WD shootout like RC Car Action did about a dozen years ago; giving each car an identical ESC/motor/battery and just compare the lap times of each buggy.