Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Duratrash?? I think NOT!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 07:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by DR RushQuake PH
I dont beleive that a nitro evader is a copy of a xxxt. Looks nothing like it, if you beleive that then you would be saying that every other stadium truck is junk and a hackneyed idea right? Then the only original truck would be a rush? I doubt that tho

All stadium trucks have the same basic set-up, even if they are gas, electric, TeamLosi, or AE. They all have some different options however, such as graphite parts, different motors, or perhaps a lower COG. If someone says one is junk, that is part true. It may come with a higher turn motor that runs slower. The truck may be better with having a better suspension.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Id be more than happy to, Ill show you where I'm coming from!
Old 06-23-2003, 09:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The truth is, you won't have a chance at winning the race with the Duracrap at that race, you wouldn't be able to with a Kanai 2, MBX5, or any other competition buggy either though, although those will be the buggies winning.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default you wouldn't be able to with a Kanai 2, MBX5, or any other competition buggy

Actually you would be wrong on that one, You would have no idea anyway! You have never seen my buggy ever! You have never seen its speed (In fact, a kanai edition 2 only does 44 w/ Rex P5 .21) Wont that mean that my axis doing 53 would beat it? Maybe not on a track since noone does full speed on a track, but beleive me with my extra speed on tap Id have an advantage.

Oh and evidently my "Duracrap" can beat all tose buggies, I just did didnt I?
Old 06-24-2003, 07:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Southern Cali is home to all of the biggest name racers in the business. Hemet is the home track for propably all of the american drivers that compete in the 1/8 worlds event, it IS the place to be if you have a 1/8.

The fact that you have a 2 speed tranny just tells me that you propably have never competitively raced before, and are just bashing for fun. The fact that you would want to lock out the center diff and ruin your adjustable power transfer means that you are going to be just that much slower on the track.

You say I have no idea anyway, but having raced 1/8 buggies since the Kyosho MP5 was out, I think I do have an idea. Top speed doesn't mean a thing, I'll still blow past you on the straightaway with a single speed because I was able to catch traction while your tires are spinning away because you have locked power transfer.

I'm not tryin to bomb on you or your buggy, but just tryin to say that duracrap is not meant for competition, if you want to see what I mean, take the plane to Hemet and race with the best drivers in the world. I'd pay ya $1000 if you could stay within 3 laps from the leader by the end of the race.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

What are you talking about!!!?? I 2 speed tranny Ya right, locking a diff?? Why in gods name would I do that!!?? Im not rock climbing!! Did u make at that up? Cuz I never said that!
Old 06-24-2003, 08:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: you wouldn't be able to with a Kanai 2, MBX5, or any other competition buggy

Originally posted by DR RushQuake PH
but beleive me with my extra speed on tap Id have an advantage.

Oh and evidently my "Duracrap" can beat all tose buggies, I just did didnt I?
Got it mistaken, sorry, but it still doesnt change the fact that even with a lower top end car, that the racing buggies will blow you away on the straightaway by bieng able to catch traction quicker. Your racing buddies are propably a bit off from the drivers out here, after racing 9 years with the worlds best drivers, I have a different view of racing than most people.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

How would any other buggy catch better traction than me? Im not using stock gearing or tires..
Old 06-24-2003, 08:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

I already said that my acceleration was better than or as good as almost all the buggies there at my track, I hardly lack anything in that department
Old 06-24-2003, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Well, before this turns into an ugly pissing contest let me just say again...it's a cheap vehicle, what you do with it doesn't change what it is.

Obviously Randman and I don't know what kind of people you race against but the point he is making is that we have some really good drivers down here that are "Sportsmen" that could easily go and be in the hunt in a "Pro" class anywhere else. The only thing you've been able to prove is that you have the ability to bring out the best in what you have. Obviously, we believe there are people here in SoCal that have the ability to bring out the best in the "Competition" level buggies. And that's why it would be very interesting to watch you race in a Pro buggy class here at The Dirt since you're obviously so much better than everyone else there.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Come on, thats a little below the belt dont you think? Thats nowhere near what I was saying. Besides I know a good RC vehicle when I see one. I have driven almost every RC car out there, I know all ther highs and lows. Thus I beleive that ok Duratrax has had some failures, but some of there products show great strength and potential. I have given that potential a shot and found that it works very well for me so Im sticking too it!
Old 06-24-2003, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-26-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

I ve been competeing for 6 years, I would know. I was in the .12 Truck a class for 3 years now. Beleive, I know what I have on my hands, and its a beast I really dont car what anyone here says, again, I have driven all the other buggies you are refering to and know exactly how they compare to the axis. Im hardly running at a little track. People from New york, NJ, PA and all over come to our track. There arent many out here....
Old 06-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i know its a little off topic but......
I've found the XTM buggy is awesome for the money. Its not the best competition buggy but its the next best thing. It can keep up with competition buggies on the straight. But where a race is really won is traction and control through the infield, keepin' it clean wins not being the fastest one. This doesn't go for everything or everyone, different opinions. I race on road where we are all as fast as eachother its just that some keep it cleaner than others, and win. So its not the buggy it's the driver.

PS: what would you call the XTM buggy, j/w.

James
Old 06-24-2003, 09:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default must be rough!?!

Been reading the comments pro/con on the axis, and only one thing comes to mind. MUST BE ROUGH TO BE ABLE TO SPEND $500 - $1,000 ON A TOY!
To be honest, if I just spent 2x to 3x the oney for a truck, it better really fly!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.