Wiki Posts
Search

KINWALD JOINS TEAM XRAY

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default KINWALD JOINS TEAM XRAY

Love to hear that Brians picking up sponsors and racing again!! Awesome.

Xray have announced that RC superstar Brian Kinwald will be joining their team. Brian has won 2 World Championships, over 30 National titles, and many other big race wins in gas and electric classes and while 1/10 electric touring car he will mainly focus on racing and development of the off-road line of the Xray products. Brian had this to say about the deal:

I have been doing R&D for numerous companies for over 15 years, and I have been watching Xray for many years now. I truly believe they have a superior product; I have never seen such great craftsmanship and innovation in an RC company, and trust me I have ran and seen it all! Since I am now in a position to make a change, I am very happy to announce that I will be working and racing for them…I can’t wait! It’s also very exciting to have the very best equipment, tools, and set-up accessories from Hudy which will ensure that all my Xray cars will be perfectly dialled all the time

SOURCE: http://redrc.net
Old 01-07-2008, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Xray have announced that RC superstar Brian Kinwald will be joining their team. Brian has won 2 World Championships, over 30 National titles, and many other big race wins in gas and electric classes and while 1/10 electric touring car he will mainly focus on racing and development of the off-road line of the Xray products. Brian had this to say about the deal:

I have been doing R&D for numerous companies for over 15 years, and I have been watching Xray for many years now. I truly believe they have a superior product; I have never seen such great craftsmanship and innovation in an RC company, and trust me I have ran and seen it all! Since I am now in a position to make a change, I am very happy to announce that I will be working and racing for them…I can’t wait! It’s also very exciting to have the very best equipment, tools, and set-up accessories from Hudy which will ensure that all my Xray cars will be perfectly dialled all the time

Source: Xray [teamxray.com]

Sunday, January 6, 2008
Old 01-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Wrong forum but that's ok!

I wonder if XRay would consider developing an electric off-roader or if one is in the works?
Old 01-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

curious about that too as if I recall correctly he was part of X-Factory previously, running the X5 and X6?
Old 01-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by AaronR

I wonder if XRay would consider developing an electric off-roader or if one is in the works?

He's got X-Factory for his offroad electric needs. He doesn't need an electric offroad car in any class so XRay is the perfect fit for BK!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

There is a thread already on here about the Xray off roader - rumours at the moment, but I heard they were either developing currently or considering electric off road.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

did he leave X-Factory ? bk is 1 of my fav factory driver's...
Old 01-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VOODOO+
He's got X-Factory for his offroad electric needs. He doesn't need an electric offroad car in any class so XRay is the perfect fit for BK!
Does he run electric Truck? If so, does X-Factory have some sort of prototype truck out there? That would be cool.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I thought I read that he just reupped with X Factory for '08.

Either way, congrats to him.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Brian Kinwald will first get his hands on 1/8 off-road with the new XB8, and will be actively involved in testing together with the rest of the US team to fine-tune the set-up and all details of the new XB8 for the US tracks. He will afterwards be active on another new XRAY projects.
Source

Electric???
Old 01-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Well, so far no news on either of the X-Factory sites:

http://www.2wdrc.com/

http://www.4wdrc.com/

Hope he sticks it out with the X-Factory for his EP Off-Road racing and developing... Then again... there could always be more to this then we know and think!

How about some clarification Chazz!
Old 01-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

i thank what brand he drive ... he will do good...
Old 01-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Cain
Does he run electric Truck? If so, does X-Factory have some sort of prototype truck out there? That would be cool.
X-Factory does have a prototype "X-60" truck, yes.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AaronR
Not necessarily, there are alot of electric offroaders that dont read either the nitro or onroad forums that would like to hear what Kinwald is up to. He has always been the premier ELECTRIC OFFROAD racer.

He is still running for X-Factory for 1/10 electric offroad through the 2008 season from what I heard. He'll be running 1/8 gas offroad and I'm sure he'll be running 1/10 touring for X-Ray (did he run an X-Ray car at the NOVAK race?)
Old 01-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I watched kinwlad come to my track and get out qaulified by like 10 seconds by a non sponsored driver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.