Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KINWALD JOINS TEAM XRAY

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Kinwald is the man. Driving, tuning and schooling. On and Offroad.
Now can you name his proteges?
Some of them will suprise you. Some are rockin right now!
When he is 100%, can't touch him!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

kinwald did run the x-ray 008 at the novak race, and looked pretty good for being out of r/c racing for awhile...

im sure that w/ kinwald joing team x-ray that there will be a electric off-road vehicles in development in the future once his contract expires w/ x-factory...

and the prototype x-factory truck kinwald developed looks awesome from when he was at a race at S&N's trackside in early dec. and looked pretty good
Old 01-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WheelNut
That is good news! I run Xray, so this news is pretty exciting for me. Hopefully Brian can get more wheel time in this year. Xray needed another top level driver to go along with Wheeler. If we are really lucky Xray will release an EP offroad car someday. That would be awesome!
what Paul LeMieux is'nt a top level driver
Old 01-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Brian Kinwald is signed with X Factory through the end of 2008 and will drive all our cars throughout the year.

Brian is one of the most honest, straight-forward guys in all of R/C. He is committed to X Factory and our products. Brian's Agreement with X Factory ran out at the end of '07, and he had the opportunity then to go to any company he wanted. He had already signed with X Ray when he re-upped with us. He is fully committed to X Factory and its development program. Kinwald refers to his X - 6 as, "cheating."

Brian is the main man behind the X - 60 truck. When we release that vehicle, hopefully sometime late this summer, he will have done a large part of the design work and much of the development driving. He is now testing some radical new concepts for EP trucks on his prototype X - 60.

The entire U.S. X Factory Team will be at the CRCRC MidWinter starting Wednesday morning, running all three classes. We're all happy to meet and greet the entire Family.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

That's Great News Chazz! Hope Brian sticks it out with X-Factory for the long-haul!

As for those wondering... Brian is in his 30s and from what he mentioned to us at the Shootout he has been battling Crohn's Disease for many years. I am a bit familiar with it because unfortunately a cousin of mine also has it. If you want more details on this dreadful ailment go ahead and google it. Lets see how many Racers would be able to cope with being a top driver for so many years and battle this condition at the same time.

Even after everything he has been through Brian was so cool to talk to and hangout with. He is finally back doing what he loves and is A-1 in my book as both a Racer and a person!

Best of Luck in 2008 BK!
Old 01-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

brian is a very nice guy, best of luck to him with xray

Xray
Xfactory....
X...

and about that guy saying someone non sponsored beat him or whatever...he raced the last race of our series in my area and he didnt even make the Amain in 4wd. had some breaks and stuff, he is human you know.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

lmao i think he broke because my belly was blocking his view... lmao
Old 01-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theanimaleide
what Paul LeMieux is'nt a top level driver
Lemieux doesn't race offroad.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Actually, he does. While he doesn't race off road alot he did get 3rd in mod 2wd (triple A mains) and 1st in 19t at the Midwest Offroad Champs in Milwaukee, very respectable results considering the competition there.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Lemieux can wheel an offroad car though. He made the show a few years ago at the Cactus in 4wd mod. Almost tq'd.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Brian Kinwald is now 34 years old. Check out the entire Kinwald story on Meet The Team at either of our web sites.

Paul LeMieux drove an X - 6 borrowed from Family member Brad Krans at the recent Trackside Hobbies off-road race.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STEALTH
he has been battling Crohn's Disease for many years. I am a bit familiar with it because unfortunately a cousin of mine also has it.
I didn't realize he was going through that. My dad has been fighting that off and on for at least a good 18 years. He dad used to go to the track with me and my sis and help out but it got where he was doing good to even just make it to work. It has been maybe since 98 maybe 99 since he has been able to. Just in the last few months he changed dr's and had his meds vastly switched up and is doing worlds better. The side effects of alot of the meds jack you up pretty good as well. Dang, best of luck to Dirt in the new year. It is definitely good to see one of the legends back on the track.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

he'll be at my track at the end of the month...racing electric off-road classes. I'll try and get some videos!
Old 01-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Actually, he does. While he doesn't race off road alot he did get 3rd in mod 2wd (triple A mains) and 1st in 19t at the Midwest Offroad Champs in Milwaukee, very respectable results considering the competition there.
BUT, he's on team Xray, and Xray doesn't make an electric offroad car. I'm sure he would be awesome in offroad if he devoted himself to it. Anyway, back to Kindwald...
Old 01-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default X 60

I hope the truck is ready this summer. I would love to run it and my new X 6 both. I saw a video on a thread (I can't remember where) of Kinwald running the prototype and beating Cavalari. It looked like the truck worked great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.