Old 01-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

duplicate
Old 01-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

twice
Old 01-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok great those plugs look reasonable and easy to attach to bat and esc. is that so?

thankyou so much for this. yeah i do have a lhs its prety large, but so are the prices. im gong to check them out before i purchase anything online just to see what the go is.

im enjoying my RC alot and it has really become a fun activity to do. i got mates around the corner who got the same truck as me and we are doing a bit of bashing soon. I hope to get to a track in the near future.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Deans are easy to install. Here's a "how to" video I found on youtube,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZU9rtACdZY, only thing I would do differently is that I like to cut the wire, then use the soldering iron to touch just the part of wire exposed where you cut it and add a touch of solder. Then strip the wire and the end won't fray out
Old 01-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default i just found this site, i'll chime in

it looks like the exceed. the esc's only work well when cooled. i have a few of them with cooling systems for long slow climbing and all out speed. it is a tough truck. here is what i did. this has the mamba max 6900, combination of 10th and 8th scale shocks, wheelie wheels bar.i use the computer program to limit the power, it can do a 360 back flip without the wheelie bar. the fan is a 400 on a seperate battery system. it runs full out for thirty minutes at around 120 degrees top. the buggy runs the exact same system as the truck, the black windshield is a filter
Attached Thumbnails Brushed / Brushless setups-dsc00039.jpg   Brushed / Brushless setups-dsc00040.jpg   Brushed / Brushless setups-dsc00041.jpg   Brushed / Brushless setups-dsc00043.jpg   Brushed / Brushless setups-dsc00045.jpg  

Old 01-09-2008, 11:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

oh ok kool as. looks like we have input from another now. meh haha. just got from a bash in the gravel and its the dirtiest it has ever been how should i go about cleaning it properly?

buying new batts tomorrow and a charger most likely.

encountered a problem this arvo with my current batt. somewhere "hot" in the car has melted the wires exiting the batt and exposed a bit of wire. i taped it up firmly and hope it will do as a battery for mucking around. i wont be needing it all that much.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

deRRo- ESC, Motor, and cheap wires are basically the only things that get hot, so it has to be one of them. I wouldn't worry too much about it though as most standard batteries on the market come with silicone wires as well as the esc's and motors. It doesn't melt like a plastic coating does.

Good to see another voice rcfun4dad , don't you think the 6900KV is a bit overkill if it will just flip at will? I do like wheelies myself but "lid slides" make me get goosebumps like nails on a chalkboard hahahaha

rcfun4dad- Have you had a chance to run a lower KV motor in it yet? like a 4600KV or even a 3900KV?You might just find the extra control and run time (the 3900 would almost be double) is a good compromise. You don't realy loose any power to lower KV just maxed out RPM (very top end speed).
Old 01-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah i realised it was just cheap wires.

How should i clean my car?
Old 01-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Well, if it's just light dirt, you can use a hand brush (like you use in a shop) not sure what you call it in AU but I've allways called it a fox tail brush?

If it's stuck on mud, remove the electronics and carefully bathe it with water and mild soap.

Or you could go all out and disassemble it and clean it all meticulusly with a tooghbrush
Old 01-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

oh ok mate sorry about the late reply i didnt see that u replied back to me. yeah i know hat you are talking about. i got a new batt the other day and a charger.

battery is great when its fully charged. (3600mah NiMH)

charger was faulty so im waiting on a new one to come into stock...

and then when i get serious ill buy a lithium polymer charger. and my MM will let me use that so yeahh

how are things in the US? have you been racing?
Old 01-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Things are good here, cold but good. I live in Colorado about an hour from Aspen (ski resort comunity) so it's been snowing all weak, car has just sat.

Figured you were making some purchases Did you only get 1 3600? Sorry bout the bum charger, hate waiting.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

after reading these posts i must agree totally. Castle/Mamba Max is the way to go. I run a brushless 7700 Mamba in my Mini Cooper (totally track illegal) and the thing is awesome! i would encourage you to follow up w DrKnow65's advice. The Deans plugs are the way to go and they are fairly simple to solder. Just make sure you plug the Female side into the batt and the Male to the ESC. The Tamiya plugs will melt with the higher power just as he said.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

sphere comps and peak vantage bl's keep me in the amains consistently.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Things are good here, cold but good. I live in Colorado about an hour from Aspen (ski resort comunity) so it's been snowing all weak, car has just sat.

Figured you were making some purchases Did you only get 1 3600? Sorry bout the bum charger, hate waiting.
haha awww cold ayee.

i got 2 3600 and ive still got my 1800 so with the new charger i can run the car continuosly pretty much

i will be getting a 4700 whn i buy the MM

well in Australia right now its stinking hot. the humidity is about 93% and its ridiculous. temp is about 38 celcius soo 105 farenheint.

i live right up norht in aus so yeah we get huge heat

catchya soon
Old 01-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Good, 2 batts will keep you driving for the time you'll want. I would skip the 4700's and go straight to lipo next. Just take your time with the stuff you get and spread out the cost a bit.

Keep the 3600's till you are ready to pump up the MM for some insanity (driving skill first). If you start with a low KV motor 3300-3900, then go up to a higher voltage pack (3S-11.1v lipo, then 4S-14.8v lipo) you can have a whole range of performance just with batteries alone

When you get to that point you'll have some other bits and pieces to invest in (UBEC, radio, tires,fans-105* yuck! ect)

Edited for heat

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.