Community
Wiki Posts
Search

22nd Annual Pro-Line Cactus Classic

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeremy Felles
I was just kidding guys, I'll be running the modified classes at this race.

I will say that I used to love coming to a big race and running with sponsored guys in the stock classes. It made it much more difficult to make the main, but if you made it-it was extremely meaningful. There used to be a nice ladder of improvement to climb as well. Prior to 19t it was often Sportsman stock (unsponsored drivers) Expert Stock (unsponsored and factory drivers) and of course the modified classes. I felt like this was the greatest era in electric offroad and really miss these days.

With that said I'm looking forward to the Cactus and the beginning of a new era in R/C and hope to see our lil industry grow to new heights in the years to come.
I was just messing with ya Jeremy. .... You have been catching sh*t for years, you should be used to it.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I will say that I used to love coming to a big race and running with sponsored guys in the stock classes. It made it much more difficult to make the main, but if you made it-it was extremely meaningful. There used to be a nice ladder of improvement to climb as well. Prior to 19t it was often Sportsman stock (unsponsored drivers) Expert Stock (unsponsored and factory drivers) and of course the modified classes. I felt like this was the greatest era in electric offroad and really miss these days.

With that said I'm looking forward to the Cactus and the beginning of a new era in R/C and hope to see our lil industry grow to new heights in the years to come.

We'll have Pro Stock at April Fools....always have, bring your goat motors Jeremy and duke it out, its always a race of tenths at the end of the weekend
Old 01-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Tony- I don't think I'll be running stock at all this year; even at the April Fools. As much as I love the class its time for me to stick to mod.

Orange- I actually haven't gotten that much slack; the one nice thing about being a professional goofball is that no one ever expects you to win.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Rumor has it the Car Action has started to hit. Start looking for it.

Pro Goofball: Can you give me a call today at the shop please? 480-945-2186 We do not open till 11:00am your time so any time after that if possible. Thanks.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Is there sign-ups at the shop or do I have to buy the mag?
Old 01-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

i agree with everything Jeremy just said and im going to add to it..

Back when i was in stock if you made the expert stock main at cactus or shootout or any of those bigger races you were really doing something...it took more then a perfect run to be in the top 5 for a round...expert stock drivers were the best of the best. I will admit i was running expert stock when the real hay day was dying but it still really ment something...after 19t came into the mix it really killed it. In my opinion if your 75% or less you have all the right in the world to run stock and 19t should be no question...not knocking the new drivers that win the stock class but its no where near as competative as it was 5-6 or even 7 years ago...thats my opinion and im sure jeremy will agree...

by all means 75 and lower drivers should run stock...if they dont the stock class might die all together...

RG
Old 01-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by desertraton
Is there sign-ups at the shop or do I have to buy the mag?
Yes
Old 01-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Jeremy - Dude, I'm totally kidding

really? you thought I was serious???????

you'd get smoked
Old 01-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Am I reading the website right? is there really 19t 4wd?
Old 01-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

yes its part of the SRS class which if you make the A-main it will be a 15 minute main with the lowers 5 minutes......
Old 01-18-2008, 07:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deception
yes its part of the SRS class which if you make the A-main it will be a 15 minute main with the lowers 5 minutes......
Lowers 5 min with BUMP UPS!

They are running the SRS class, nitro style. Should be fun!
Old 01-18-2008, 08:16 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RonnieGardner
i agree with everything Jeremy just said and im going to add to it..

Back when i was in stock if you made the expert stock main at cactus or shootout or any of those bigger races you were really doing something...it took more then a perfect run to be in the top 5 for a round...expert stock drivers were the best of the best. I will admit i was running expert stock when the real hay day was dying but it still really ment something...after 19t came into the mix it really killed it. In my opinion if your 75% or less you have all the right in the world to run stock and 19t should be no question...not knocking the new drivers that win the stock class but its no where near as competative as it was 5-6 or even 7 years ago...thats my opinion and im sure jeremy will agree...

by all means 75 and lower drivers should run stock...if they dont the stock class might die all together...

RG

Should I be running stock then?
Old 01-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

It would probably be easier on parts...lol
Old 01-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tripthreat
Should I be running stock then?
You can if you want.

Look run what you enjoy. If you are being paid to race run mod. That is the class you are being paid to win. Everyone else enjoy the hobby. If you are able to get help then good for you. Do what you can to properly represent your sponsors as the case may be and have some fun.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Pillars
It would probably be easier on parts...lol
HAHAHA

After witnessing the fully pinned, big air, chassis slapping antics of Frank over the big triple in all the classes @ CRCRC, this may be a safe assumption!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.