Wiki Posts
Search

B-44 REAR TOP CHASSIS PLATE ALWAYS BREAKING

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doodad
Holy shit.....It works. I'm done with you.
Nice bro, i woulda said the same after i read glitchy's posts.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow, excuse me dad for wanting an explanation I could learn from rather than a 'because I said so'
Old 01-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Rookie

once you ripe the ballstud in one hole that it you will break the other one in no time, its alway the rear top plate but not the front
Old 01-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

wat about running longer ballstuds with the 0.0030 washers underneth em.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glitchy
Wow, excuse me dad for wanting an explanation I could learn from rather than a 'because I said so'
My sexual relationship with your Mom is none of these peoples business.....Anyway, someone have a pic to post?
Old 01-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Initiate

I been thrashing and racing mine for quite a while and haven't broken the top deck but i've gone through quite a few A arms, etc.

On the B44 thread Carolinas RC has some aftermarket CF parts that claim to be thicker than stock. And in colors! Neeto.

http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...idcategory=952

I'll be putting some bigger washers above and below the CF tonight after reading this.

I suck with other cars but i'm actually competetive with this!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

We will be investigating this failure and fix it. Sorry we had a delay and the spare parts were not readily available.

Coach
Old 01-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Suspended

is this piece different from the bj4 w.e.? i never broke it on my bj4 with a lot of hard crashes, seems like an odd spot for breakage to me....
Old 01-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't think the problem is with the top deck..... LEARN TO DRIVE!!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Doodad
My sexual relationship with your Mom is none of these peoples business.....Anyway, someone have a pic to post?
Obviously I picked the wrong person to try to glean some useful information from. You have an idea that may help relieve the problem, it just doesn't make sense to me. That doesn't make it wrong.

If you put set screws into a hole, they don't just float there. They exert pressure on the holes to hold themselves in place. That pressure to me seems like it would add more stress when the piece comes under duress. To me when the car gets put into a situation that it lands hard on one wheel the turnbuckle is putting great leverage on the ball stud and snapping the top plate from the hole outward. If the force was instead side impact closing the holes would keep the CF from collapsing.

I see it like a wedge you have stuck in a piece of wood. If you drive it in part way and then hit another area of the log with an axe, the wood generally splits straight over to the wedge.

Anyway, you can just continue to call me names if you'd like...or it might have been easier to just say you'd seen it done before and don't really know why it works. However, last time I checked, on-road cars don't do that much jumping.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kdub
We will be investigating this failure and fix it. Sorry we had a delay and the spare parts were not readily available.

Coach
Thanks Coach!!! It's nice to hear the team is looking into it.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Listen fella. I never claimed to know how it works. Just tried to explain it using common sense. It works in other applications. I think your over estimating how much stress is built up by using set screws. Now I don't own an engineering degree, but I'm not a window-licker either. Next, I didn't call you any names. This from a guy who proudly proclaims himself a "Computer geek" in his profile. The last word is yours, my friend. I will no longer respond to your posts.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

god damn, doodad and glitchy, kiss and make up already guys, getting a bit stupid, i for one dont give a crap if a set screw is better or worse, the decks are breaking, AE are going to look into it, lets leave it at that.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:42 AM
Tech Initiate

This is all just too funny.Xtreme racing is making replacement parts that are WAY THICKER than stock.I got the shock towers already from carolina's rc.They did not have the upper deck in stock but Bruce at Xtreme racing in York SC has plenty of them.Each part is around 20.00.
If you break these parts there is no hope.
Anybody want to buy my stock parts? 50.00 plus shipping for 2 shock towers and A rear upper deck.
Associated dropped the ball on quality of these parts but Xtreme was right on top of it.Quit arguing and call Carolina's RC or buy direct from Bruce at Xtreme racing.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

I might would try using a larger nut on the top of the deck to screw the ballstud in and a larger steel washer on the bottom next to the ballstud to distribute the load a little more. I run a BJ4 and have only broken lots of arms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.