Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Problem with diff assembly...please help. >

Problem with diff assembly...please help.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with diff assembly...please help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default Problem with diff assembly...please help.

I am assembling a new FT T4, when I got to the part on the diff assembly where it says each side of the diff should spin in differnt directions...it did as it should. Now that the rear end is assembled, when I turn one side, or turn the spur gear the diff on both sides move in the same direction. Is this ok or should they be moving in opposite directions like before? Did I assemble something wrong, something too tight? I hope I dont have to take the rear end back apart to reassemble everything all over again. PLease help me figure out if this is in working order, and how to fix if need be. Help a noob out...lol.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

the reason the diff spun in different directions in your hand is because you were holding it. Now it's in the car - you aren't, so it's free to spin inside the gearbox. If you hold the spur gear with your thumb to lock the drive train then you'll see the diff action again when you turn one wheel.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

When you get the motor and pinion in you'll likely see the diff action happening again as well when you turn one tire.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Ok you guys are awesome, i was just second guessing myself. It does turn both ways when you hold the spur gear....im happy again. Thankyou