R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-18-2007, 09:38 PM   #16
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Think Im going to be keeping the set-up I originally went with. The stampede is out of the question with its high center of gravity. I watched alot of you tube videos of stampedes today and they do just way too much wheelie action for my taste. I considered the Rusty but between the two Im thinking the T4 is a better product. And the Mamba better than the VXL. Im going to be pushing some serious power with the mamba so the tunability of the T4 should keep things interesting. Today I ordered a 3's Lipo to go with the 2's I already had comming, I'm going to need a wheelie bar LOL....wish they made one. Loose slipper will have to do. Cant wait till the action begins after Christmas I just have to realize that this truck and power/speed is not going to be applicable to every terrain. Smooth terrain and On road will have to do until I get a super/electric Mambafied Monster truck in the Future.
Paul Whalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:10 AM   #17
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The great thing about the Mamba system is that you can limit punch, timing, etc. to control wheelies. I'm not sure how it affects temps with a 3 cell lipo, but it's a good thing to play around with.
nagreend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:45 AM   #18
Tech Legend
Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)

I have been in the same boat as you. We had an electric monster class, which basically if you had a vehicle with monsterish tires, and jacked up body, you were legal. So the popular thing was to jack up a stadium truck, or , ifyou had a stampede, run the battery underneat the chassis. I was suprised how well the Pede handled.

I would say that if you pickup the right RPM upgrades, the Pede can be one fun basher. I have seen it done with a whole lot of power being put through it. Only issue, its not a cheap thing to do and i think in the long run, you probably would be better with the T4.

That said, for your T4 look into Moabs, Mashers, or J-dawg tires, also the RPM front bumper works excellent. I think the only other thing I would have changed out would have been going to heavier duty aluminum spindles (I think that is what they are called). The plastic ones seems almost too suspect and would usually be what I would break. But, it just have been me.
< Durango DEX8, DESC410V2, DEX410V5>
< Team Associated RC10B6D>
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote