Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most popular(best) brushless combo for B44

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

novak,lrp and mamba all work good. I have seen them all in action.
I run a novak gtb spek 5.5 sintered.
works perfect.very happy
Old 12-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
So you saying that no company makes improvements to products!!!!!!!!!!!!! So when Spektrum systems take too much power from the receiver and cause a loss of control they should not of made a fix for this because basically that is what you are saying is not to improve anything. I hope you don't make any products because it would be 100% perfect I'm sure.

Your example of the spectrum is perfect. I saw so many problems with the original version of the Spectrum and held off and would not recomend it to anybody... Even when the brushless system from novak and the first LRP came out i saw a lot of problems with them and did not buy them or recomend them.... Now these companies got it right I own the spectrum pro in all my cars including a LRP TC spec with a novak 10.5 in one of them....

This is just being objective, if I see a problem in a product I wouldn't recomend it and if I see a system working better than most then I would recomend it regardless of Brand. I wish mamba the best since thier products are affordable and maybe I will run one. I actually have a brand NEW 1/10 system sitting at home for a year now..
Old 12-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

if you decide to run a mamba get rid of the motors bullet connector.. you can replace with a better set if you wish. but they are very cheap from the factory..
you should hardwire.. also never cut the motor wires..
99.99 percent of the cogging issues were due to the cheap bullet connectors heating up and loosing their contact..
Old 12-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I hear Novak is working on a new speedo too, so why would they do that if the GTB is perfect?

I hope Novak and LRP both make new and improved escs... heck maybe some day we won't need fans and extra heatsinks, lol
Old 12-17-2007, 10:27 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Your example of the spectrum is perfect. I saw so many problems with the original version of the Spectrum and held off and would not recomend it to anybody... Even when the brushless system from novak and the first LRP came out i saw a lot of problems with them and did not buy them or recomend them.... Now these companies got it right I own the spectrum pro in all my cars including a LRP TC spec with a novak 10.5 in one of them....

This is just being objective, if I see a problem in a product I wouldn't recomend it and if I see a system working better than most then I would recomend it regardless of Brand. I wish mamba the best since thier products are affordable and maybe I will run one. I actually have a brand NEW 1/10 system sitting at home for a year now..
Cool. I won't say the Mamba is perfect and actually as a basher setup it might be overkill for some and actually could cause problems for some. The system while not perfect is getting better all the time and is always being tweaked to be the best it can be. I do race the Mamba brushless in my offroad stuff and find it for me be excellent. The guys who beat me are plain and simple better than me (damn I hate to admit that.) Some run other brands of brushless and some run brushed but to be honest non ever beat me because I run a Mamba system. I find where I loose to them especially since I been runnning touring cars for last 7 years is since they have done it so long they can change with track conditions better than I can.

The Spektrum stuff I was lucky with from day one until I went brushless and then problems started. Now with so many running 2.4 systems I went back to synthesized because no problems and no one on my channel.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:28 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Cool. I won't say the Mamba is perfect and actually as a basher setup it might be overkill for some and actually could cause problems for some. The system while not perfect is getting better all the time and is always being tweaked to be the best it can be. I do race the Mamba brushless in my offroad stuff and find it for me be excellent. The guys who beat me are plain and simple better than me (damn I hate to admit that.) Some run other brands of brushless and some run brushed but to be honest non ever beat me because I run a Mamba system. I find where I loose to them especially since I been runnning touring cars for last 7 years is since they have done it so long they can change with track conditions better than I can.

The Spektrum stuff I was lucky with from day one until I went brushless and then problems started. Now with so many running 2.4 systems I went back to synthesized because no problems and no one on my channel.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:28 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Old 12-17-2007, 10:29 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Damn double post.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Triple post wyd.... nice. LOL
Old 12-17-2007, 02:05 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
Triple post wyd.... nice. LOL
Damn I didn't see it at the time I posted.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Craps
Those Mamba fix threads are multi page and all full of "I can't get rid of the cog" issues or it's not smooth problem!

Why are they coming out with a fix if these guys say it is already good???

Just go to one of those Mamba fix threads, read away and decide for yourself!
Yeah If anything Id buy just the Mamba esc and run a sensored motor.
The esc is just fine, it's just the mamba motor that has issues.

I'm sticking with Novak for now then I'll try an LRP setup later.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd

I'm glad no one bought my standard receivers since there is no more waiting time for standard channels.... Keep my updated on the system. I might actually take someones advice here mount the mamba less connectors.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:54 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I'm glad no one bought my standard receivers since there is no more waiting time for standard channels.... Keep my updated on the system. I might actually take someones advice here mount the mamba less connectors.
If you want to use plugs Castle has some new connectors pretty much like it comes with but much better fit. Joe at Castle said they are alot better than the orignals and will stop the problem with the original plugs.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

07 spheres own, Simple and Smooth.....

I have 2 paired with peak vantage bl's
Old 12-19-2007, 02:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The couple of guys here that are either payed by Castle Creations or sponsored by them should really back off a little and let the guy make up his own mind, Seems the most posts in this thread are pushing the Mamba ESC`s like its Castle creations own forum and they are advertising in the thread......and yet have a look at what all the pro`s run.... do you see any Castle Creations systems? No because they arent ROAR legal and honestly whats the point in running a non legal motor... would make it harder to ever sell 2nd hand and would not be allowed in any sanctioned events if you ever wanted to attend one. The Novak and LRP systems seem to be more racer freindly and have a larger choice of motor options, and Novaks warranty is one of the best out there and so is there customer support.

Not to knock the Castle systems in any way, just trying to promote the other ( 2 most popular and winning systems in the industry BTW ) systems as they arent getting much respect in this thread.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.