Another Hobby Store in San Diego...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Hobby Store in San Diego...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default Another Hobby Store in San Diego...

On my break I had a chance to go check out a new hobby store.
Believe it or not its in kearny mesa. Now we have 3 hobby stores within a quarter mile of each other.
anyway...they are call dymond model supply (i think). They had a huge selection of planes and plane accesories. Their car department is very small.
They have a wide selection of cars offroad and on, however this store doesn't stock what I consider major brand kits like losi, associated, traxxas, kyosho ect. Their major brand is "carlson" A lot of their kits were prebuilt, chassis and engine, (no radio, no servos) bur their prices were very competitive, and in some cases the price is dirt cheap.
Not too many accesories for car and trucks though...

The 1/10 buggies and trucks I saw, were like Kyosho GP clones, Duratrax clones, and yes I saw a tmaxx clone with a 2.5 in it.

I did become attached to a with 2wd gas buggy that I saw there, but I didn't buy it because I though about how difficult it would be to get parts if i break one of the carlsons ________ (whatever kind of car) That store hasn't been there long.

Anyway, If you get a chance go check it out and see for yourselves. It seems like a cool hobby store

Christopher Hall
Track Master
Komet R/C RacePark
San Diego, California USA
Old 06-06-2003, 07:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

What shopping center is it located at? I heard a little bit about it, but didn't know if it was rumor or not...