Community
Wiki Posts
Search

b44 vs sbv2 pro

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

Default thanks

thanks for all your replys,, as i want to run it in the silver can racing it wont get to much of a hard time, but it has to be free drivetrain as with silver can racing its close racing and your need as little drag as possible
Old 11-30-2007, 04:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by alexb2000
yeesh heaven forbid anyone run anything but AE. I seem to recall Associated LOSING about every race in our area, Like ECNS rnd 8, cherryvilles points race, ECNS 7. And my money wouldn't be on an AE this weekend at the fall brawl. I like the looks of the MRC but I havn't seen anything wrong with the AE. You will be happy with whichever car you get and I would say get the car thats easier for you to get parts for.
Go away Losi boy! Losi is not even in this discussion!

You can almost find Losi parts as easy as AE parts!

One more picture just for Alex!

Not the ROAR Nats too! Did any other brand win anything this year?

This picture of the 2007 IFMAR 2wd Buggy World championship winners!

What's up with a Hot Bodies shirt and winning with an AE B4???

Last edited by Craps; 11-30-2007 at 04:24 AM. Reason: add picture
Old 11-30-2007, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Matsuzaka runs for Hot Bodies, not AE. The Hot Bodies team just needed a 2wd to run while theirs is being finished. I heard it did have Hot Bodies shocks on it, though.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

For silver can racing the V2 pro with the one way in is going to be the ticket I would think. If you havn't converted already the V2 is also better for lipos IMHO. The V2 also will allow you to run a very large pinion which is needed to run a silver can. I'm not sure you will be able to get the gearing right on a B44, I'm sure somebody with a B44 can answer that. If you don't mind ordering parts of if you have a MRC dealer local I would go with the V2.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Had both buggies. I have only the B44 now. Much faster laps on it. Smoother and parts support is great. In my case quality was great and it was a blast to build. Resale price is good too.The B44 is only going to get better.Weird how our lhs had parts before the car came out. We just started our new local offroad track and Kyosho,D4,BJ4 and B44 were the one winning every weekend. Had a few Academy cars, they would keep up with the other cars but seems like the other buggies ends up winning by at least a lap to the Academy cars.Durability? I have broken a c hub and arm on the academy and a broken rear turnbuckle and cracked rear shock tower on my B44. I'd go to what parts your LHS carries. Most B44 parts are fairly priced in my opinion.If I had the money now I'd go with the associated car. They do keep the same design for awhile before thay redesign it. The B4,T4 and 12L4 has been out for a few years now.The b44 drivers are pretty much running the kit setup and even the stock holeshot tires work awesome in our track.The winner of our B main 4wd last weekend was using both lipo saddle and a123 packs running the B44. Suppose to be a saddle pack configuration is better balance for a 4wd buggy tha's why major manufacturers are going that route.Local and National level wins on the B44 should explain which one is preffered.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

I have a B44 & my pit buddy has the sbv2. I have driven the sbv2 and I think the car works very well but getting parts has been an issue for my freind. For me, I've been able to get the couple of little things I have broken from the shop at out track (1 F shock shaft & 1 F a-arm, same crash).
Old 11-30-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I dont see why people are breaking b44's. I drove mine for the first time on a track with big jumps and a lrp 6.5 BL motor and didnt break a thing. I am not that great a driver either. durability has not been an issue and the finish on the b44 is great.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

There is only one reason the B44 is winning world and national champoinships. They paid the best drivers to use it. There are no drivers in the US being paid to drive the SBv2.

There are 3 guys running the SB at my track and between all 3 of us there has been only one single DNF in a heat in 4 weeks of racing (I broke a shock shaft hitting another car). 4wd just does not get any more durable than that.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

sipaboy... I am currently running your old v2, and I was very pleased with the deal I got, but if you ever expected that car to compete with anything the way it was you were sadly mistaken, not to completely discredit your opinion as I have no idea how you always kept the car but... The car had two BADLY bent front shock shafts, the diff outdrives were all but completely gone on the car and I found 4 or so spend bearings in the outdrives, not to mention the car is awful until you put Assoc. pistons in the shocks. To say your car was no where near a new B44 is correct, but a proper v2 is just as good IMHO.

No hard feelings very happy with the deal I got but the car was no where near competition ready.

In my opinion if you are running NIMH I would lean toward the B44, and if you are a lipo guy the V2 is where I would lean.

Last edited by GroffBall; 11-30-2007 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GroffBall
In my opinion if you are running NIMH I would lean toward the B44, and if you are a lipo guy the V2 is where I would lean.
Wow the only guy to mention the battery layout.
I for one have moved to the V2 pro because of the batt layout. since I moved to stick lipo the saddle pack type of chassis is no longer the ticket for me. now b4 all of you jump up and say that there is such a thing as saddle pack lipo's out there, let me just say this: none so far have a hard shell on them ... yet. but the stick type of lipo have at the moment at least three that I know about. based on that alone my obvious choice would be the academy.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

whaqt every 1 you want it going to be a good car...
Old 11-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Here's a vid of our state champs a couple weeks ago...

Green car is a SBV2, white car is a BJ4, red car is B44, orange car is a XXX4....

I q'd 5th and broke in warmup when I hit one of the STEEL poles by the triple....ugh....

http://media.putfile.com/19-turn-wheeler

We didnt have anyone wanting to run mod so we ran all 19t... Robert Gillespie is an past national champ in 12th scale onroad...so there's no slouches for drivers. The SBV2 won the race, and is state champ
Old 11-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Tony,

That triple looks deadly to something like an XXX-4. Land on the apex once and you're hurting. Or the fact you have metal poles on either side of the landing zone...wow.

Fun race.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scrubnick
Matsuzaka runs for Hot Bodies, not AE. The Hot Bodies team just needed a 2wd to run while theirs is being finished. I heard it did have Hot Bodies shocks on it, though.
So let me get this right....The Hot Bodies sponsored racer wins with an Associated in 2wd, but when he races 4wd with his sponsors brand, Hot Bodies, he does no even make the podium (8th in the A)????

Sort of proves the brand of RC does make a difference with the driver! By this, it is not all driver and the AE was better than what he is sponsored by and normally drives!!! Interesting facts!

Looks like Associated got a freebie with this driver that was not even paid by AE!!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Craps
So let me get this right....The Hot Bodies sponsored racer wins with an Associated in 2wd, but when he races 4wd with his sponsors brand, Hot Bodies, he does no even make the podium (8th in the A)????

Sort of proves the brand of RC does make a difference with the driver! By this, it is not all driver and the AE was better than what he is sponsored by and normally drives!!! Interesting facts!

Looks like Associated got a freebie with this driver that was not even paid by AE!!!!
Aside from the fact that all it takes is one bad turn or altercation with another vehicle to not podium, 2wd and 4wd are different driving skill sets. So your point is not valid.

If he was driving an HB 2wd and had as good of a race as he did with the B4, he likely still would have won. Once your car is setup to your liking, the rest is driver skill, a little luck not getting caught in a wreck or hung up behind lapped traffic and vehicle durability.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.