Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XXX buggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default XXX buggy

Hi all. A few years go, I had attempted a venture into the world of RC racing. However, a lack of time, as well as financial obligations have made it clear that I need to sell my buggy and all of the parts with it. I'm not really familiar with the depreciation in price of parts, etc, but I was hoping that you could fill me in with a 'ballpark' number as to what my car is worth. Here's what I have:

-A Team Losi XXX buggy, graphite chassis, used but good condition, with decent quality wheels. The buggy contains these parts: Novak GT-7 speed control, Epic ROAR stock motor, a JR RS300 reciever, and a JR Z590M metal-gear servo.
-A JR XS3 radio
-MRC Super Brain 959 charger
-Misc Parts-a spare Z270 servo, as well as extra gears, and graphite chassis parts, body pins.
-Full unopened containers of Motor Spray, and lubricant.

I'd like to sell all of this as a package. I was just hoping someone could give me a number to start off with. I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm not making a sale thread, so BST didn't seem like the right place, and it's an electric off-road car. Thanks,

-Dave
Old 11-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

i would approximatly say about 350-400
Old 11-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default xxx

i would say $100,

i'll give you $150 for it
Old 11-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default Price

I usually sell for 50% of original value if the stuff is in excellent condition. With all the stuff in the package it seems to be closer to the first guess than the offer.

I recently sold a B4 and XXX both in excellent condition with spare parts but nothing else and got $100 for the B4 and $75 for the XXX.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

usually seen things sell better seperate than as a package, depending on what it is.

Right now, with the whole brushless craze, seen brushed ESCs take a beating on price. things that were common to go for $50 used had trouble moving at $35 or less.

I would say for what you have listed, here is what I would expect:

Losi XXX buggy with spares and stock motor: $60 - $80
GT7: $30 - $40
JR XS3 Radio and receiver: $40 - $70
MRC 959 Charger (just bought one): $20 - $30
JR Servos: $20 - $25

So all told, you could see anywhere between $170 - $245
Old 11-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I've priced 1st gen XXX buggies quite a bit over the last few months and I would have to agree with Cain's pricing above. Start at the higher dollar figures and allow people to make offers for your best opportunity to sell.

Also you will generally do better selling as a roller and everything else separate than as a full RTR package.

Drop it in the trader forum and see what happens.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A few months back I bought a BK1 with a Hitec servo for $90. The servo was a crappy stocker but the rest of the car was in great shape.

I agree with everyone else on selling everything separate. I sold a XXX-4 with esc, servo, and radio for $350 and then sold basically the same package separate for $375. Don't always sell to the first buyer
Old 11-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Main thing to keep in mind also is that you need to consider how soon you need to move the stuff. If you are in a must sell situation, you may want to entertain the thought of a cheaper price like the $150 offered, or at least counter offer close to that.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Trade value is a bit higher. I'm trying to trade it over on the Paintball(my new obsession) forum. Maybe get myself a new gun or something. My hope is to maybe pass it on to someone who wants everything to get into the hobby.