Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone using an FMA Cellpro 4S?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Anyone using an FMA Cellpro 4S?

I am gonna have to buy a Lipo charger in the not too distant future but I don't want to spend a lot on it.

I originally planned to buy an Ice but that does a whole bunch of things I simply don't need. All of the airplane guys I fly with run the FMA Cellpro 4S and it seems to do a good job.

Anyone have any tech they can share on these? I will be charging the Max Amps 6000Mah Lipos with it. Are they compatible?

P.S. I already have a power supply so I could care less about it being straight DC.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

I believe that charger will only charge at a 2.5 amp rate which is too slow. The other kokam chargers typically peak the packs very slowly too even when it can charge the pack at a 1c rate. I think your best bet for a good charger would be the mrc 989 & a balancer of your choice. You can pick up one from max amps so you can have them put the right balancing plugs on your batteries. You can pick up the apache balancer for $35 at maxamps.com
This would give you an incredible charger for around $100 that will charge the packs quickly. If you already have a good nimh charger then look into the lipodapter. You can find these by just googling lipodaper.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

4 amps, and I really like mine. IMO, I haven't found a better balancer yet. Have have ice chargers two. So most of the time I just use the cellpro just to balance the batts if I am running multiple classes.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by party_wagon
I believe that charger will only charge at a 2.5 amp rate which is too slow.
Too slow for what? Functional charging or racing?

I will be getting 2 batteries and that will negate my need for charging at the track so I pretty much have no issues with slow charge times.

However if that slow charge rate isn't good for the batteries or doesn't get you a true full charge then it is an issue.

And as Turtleman said I do believe they are 4A now as well I believe they have built-in balancers.

My regular charger is a Millenium Pro. I own a Turbo 35 GFX but I'm not so sure I will ever see it again so as of now I need to assume that is gone. It would all be a non-issue if I had it back because I could get the Lipo update done to it and be good to go.