Wiki Posts
Search

Come on Losi - New 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Ran my XX4 for the first time this past weekend and have to say that all the hype surrounding the car's true. With a couple of tweaks to the Robbers setup and on a worn set of Holeshots, it was dialed and I didn't break a thing despite a few tumbles while I was learning the track (B2 pin brace, homemade front arm screws, and Penguin tower braces seem to shore up the perceived "weak" areas of the car). I should also mention that I got the car well-used and it's still using a first-issue graphite chassis, front arms, and shock towers....if they've lasted this long, they can't be all that bad. That said, I think the guy that won our last race had a XXX4, so even that's still a raceworthy chassis.

If Losi could update the XX4's materials while retaining similar weight distribution, chassis flex, and suspension geometry, I'd be first in line for one.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMcpot
Ran my XX4 for the first time this past weekend and have to say that all the hype surrounding the car's true. With a couple of tweaks to the Robbers setup and on a worn set of Holeshots, it was dialed and I didn't break a thing despite a few tumbles while I was learning the track (B2 pin brace, homemade front arm screws, and Penguin tower braces seem to shore up the perceived "weak" areas of the car). I should also mention that I got the car well-used and it's still using a first-issue graphite chassis, front arms, and shock towers....if they've lasted this long, they can't be all that bad. That said, I think the guy that won our last race had a XXX4, so even that's still a raceworthy chassis.

If Losi could update the XX4's materials while retaining similar weight distribution, chassis flex, and suspension geometry, I'd be first in line for one.
So did you get the new car???