Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new track in S.E. WI.?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up new track in S.E. WI.?

I am considering opening a outdoor dirt track, and just wondering what kind of response i would get. This would be a sand/garden mix track i have a couple acres of property to play with so i could get maybe a couple of tracks if the responses/turnouts were worth it. I do have a motocross track on site at present time. This is an easy place to get to since i am 1 mile east of I-94.

Let me know what you think,

Skutr
Old 11-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

if you put i nice track in, people will come. but fro racing you would need to put in a scoring system in too.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Wink S.E.WI Track

I dont have a problem putting in a scoring/timing system, lighting or whatever it may take I just want to see what kind of responses i could get to see how far i could actually go with this.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skutr_2000
I dont have a problem putting in a scoring/timing system, lighting or whatever it may take I just want to see what kind of responses i could get to see how far i could actually go with this.
well if you can put lighting in and race on weekdays that would help, if you build a track with good jumps and if there is not much tire wear thats a start. also you would have to put some kind of watering system in,unless you can kep the dust down some other way
Old 11-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

watering not a problem,pits not a problem, just want to see what kind of support i would get if i went through building the track, buying the transponders/scoring system. I have the ability to make the jumps very technical for an RC truck.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You have to have a good layout and maintain it. It has to be raceable not overly technical. Changing the layout a few times a year would also be nice. If you do this you will have the best off road track in the area and I'm sure all the local boys will come regularly and the not so local boys to come out ocasionally
Old 11-15-2007, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Post this in the wi & ill thread. Where exactly would it be.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool

I-94 and hwy 20 1 mile east. Between kenosha and milwaukee
Old 11-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Response has been very good so we will be moving forward on making a track!! hopefully i can make it for both off road and oval!!!! I'll be checking in periodically with ya's.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Rookie

I am just starting to get into this..( well thinking of it anyway)

I live about a mile from where your talking about the track.
Is there a place on here that will show a newbee Like me the best way to start a sfar as getting into the Hobby?

Thanks
Old 11-18-2007, 07:18 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm sure if you were to talk to some of the guys on these forums they would help you out! I'm pretty sure that if you were to visit some of the local tracks/hobby shops they would be more than happy to help.
I know they have indoor/carpet racing going on this morning at "THE TRACK"@harbor hobby. Tal;k to some of the people there they woould have no problem helping you out!!!