Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated RC10T any good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Arrow Associated RC10T any good?

Hey my friend's dad bought an Associated RC10T a loooong time ago. Is it true what people say? that this is one of the "most durable trucks ever"? Do they make a conversion to make the T outta the RC10 gold chassis buggy?---
Old 05-30-2003, 06:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

You gotta stop messin around with all these old cars, they are gonna be impossible to get parts for, and arent gonna be any more fun than the new ones. Unless you got the time to research everything about them, I wouldn't mess with them.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

dude, I'm askin this question for a friend, his dad bought it like....i dunno, years ago, and he likes it.... he told me to ask about it......
Old 05-30-2003, 09:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

ok, what's the question about the truck?
Old 06-05-2003, 11:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

I've been racing a 10t for acouple of years know, and have won several trophies with it! This truck has to be at least 10 years old, and still beats alot of these new top dollar trucks. I've had no problems getting parts for it. Its a very durable truck, and alot of racing has to do with the driver behind the radio. I would buy another one if I did'nt have one already!!!
Old 06-06-2003, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

thats exactly what he wanted to hear, he wants to try racing stock with it.....any setup tips?
Old 06-07-2003, 07:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Hey, Family Hobbies is opening an off-road track, you gonna try racing the T3 there?
Old 06-07-2003, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Default Really, HELL YEAH!!

Finally, I've been waiting for somebody to open one around here... I'll be there the second I get my P2K2....decided to try stock first, then try out modified...so yeah you'll see me there eventually...running the Crowd Pleazer... I might have someone airbrush it for me, I really suck at paintjobs... the only "custom" one I painted turned out REALLY S***ty, I tried to do the slime thing....
Old 06-07-2003, 06:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Yeah, definately start out in a novice class your first time racing, no matter how good you think you are, the track is a different place than the street. Some of us have been talking about running expert stock and modified classes though, just to try and keep away from some of the newbie racers, we just dont like getting taken out when we go for the pass.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Losi from*#$@&*&!, I started out in novice class at the old dave mapston track in spokane washington. We were able to use what ever we had. I raced with and old ruby 16 triple turn motor and geared for that track 16 pinion 87 spur with at the time some junky batteries. I took 1st place over 7 weeks of racing. trophy was as tall as my 7 year old, needless to say I was on cloud 9. First time I ever competed! The advice I got from the manager was SLOW IS FAST, being consistent and racing your own race and not concerning yourself where the other drivers are. As time goes on you can only get better. Never feel uncomfortable asking questions most r.c.ers love to help out others, It makes the hobbie that much more fun! Go tear it up with that oldie but very GOODIE
Old 06-07-2003, 07:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I think that's what takes the longest for people to learn "slow is fast" because I'd rather see other people gunning it around the track, sliding through turns etc. while I cruise still keeping up with them, then pass at the end of the race when my batteries still have voltage, and theirs are dead. Even if you are in a race with 9 other cars, yours is the only one you should be concerned with, you will get passed by faster drivers, but dont try to pass them back, because chances are you'll crash from pushing the car too hard, and not knowing what to do when it begins to slide.