R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   3rd Annual Gobbler Off Road Champs Nov 18 MASS (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/190068-3rd-annual-gobbler-off-road-champs-nov-18-mass.html)

rcexcitement 11-09-2007 06:57 AM

3rd Annual Gobbler Off Road Champs Nov 18 MASS

3rd Annual Gobbler Off Road Champs

November 18, 2007

The weekend before Turkey Day!

R/C Excitement in Massachusetts is having it's 3rd Annual Gobbler Off Road Champs on November 18th. From what I'm hearing and the phone calls coming in about this race there'll be drivers from MA, NY, CT, NH, RI, ME, VT, and maybe even as far as Maryland. The timing is great to really kick off the Indoor Off Road season at RCE.

The racing takes place on our 50' x 100' R/C Moto-X arena with huge elevation changes, big jumps, and a layout the will challenge you to get around fast. There are a lot of ups and down with this years layout and with the new surface prep techniques and added clay the traction is better than ever. Should make for some great racing.

Classes offered are:

* Modified Stadium Truck
* Modified 4WD Buggy
* Modified 2WD Buggy
* 19t Sportsman Truck
* Stock Buggy
* All we need is five entries to add another class Example:5 1/18th scales

40' driver's stand that sets you high above the action to see the whole track.
There are 100+ heated pit spaces with power and chairs.
Awards will be given to the top three in all mains.
Food will be available on-site.

Race Fees are:
$25 for the first class
$15 for each additional class.
Plaques for top 3 in ALL Mains

Race Day Schedule and Information:

* Doors open at 8:00 AM
* Sign-ups end at 10:00 AM
* MANDATORY Driver's Meeting 10:15 AM
* Racing starts at 10:30 AM

For more information about the facility or a list of hotels check out www.rcexcitement.com

ALJR 11-09-2007 11:21 AM

Ahhhh... Racing at this track is always a BLAST!

If any of you North East guys have never been to this track or have never raced an organized event, you really should come on down... All the people there are really nice and ALWAYS willing to help ya out with a set-up...

nickp 11-10-2007 04:52 PM

this track is worth the (fill in blank hear)_______ hour drive. also there is almost blue grove conditions.

K.Copeland 11-10-2007 07:57 PM

The current layout is awesome, however I think they might change it for this race. Hard packed , fairly smooth for offroad, and the layouts are on the technical side.

ALJR 11-12-2007 11:57 AM

Raced on it yesterday (Sunday) and it was the same layout. I know they changed it not too long ago, so I don't think they will be changing it for next Sunday...

However, yesterday it was fantastic! A lil dust on top with a nice hard-pack. Track was blown off before the main and traction was fantastic! Not many potholes, but I am sure they will freshen up the track for next Sundays big race... The corners were beginning to blue grove, so maybe after this Thursday nights race, it will be even better!

rcexcitement 11-16-2007 12:52 PM

Going to be a busy day!

Its going to be a busy one, get here early. Doors open at 8am.

The tires of choose should be Pink Tapers, Panther Switches, BK Bars, and Holeshots. Essentially anything around that style of tire will work.

Check out the indoor dirt track layout on the tracks page of our website www.rcexcitement.com