Wiki Posts
Search

HPI E-Firestorm - Why?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default HPI E-Firestorm - Why?

Hpi are bringing out a electric kit based on the Firestorm. Im sure a much better seller and basher would be a RS4 MT2 based on the Nitro MT and instead of being belt driven this time, shaft drive like the nitro mt.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

already a thread
Old 11-09-2007, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

IMO, 2wd is good because:

Can compete in the EXCISTING 2WD stadium truck class.
Simple well proven design.
Fun to drive.

4WD has been tried by a couple of manufacturers, and they all sucked.
I know cause i had one of those POS' (yokomo mr4-mt), and i now have a RWD (losi xxx-t mf2) wich is way more fun.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
IMO, 2wd is good because:

Can compete in the EXCISTING 2WD stadium truck class.
Simple well proven design.
Fun to drive.

4WD has been tried by a couple of manufacturers, and they all sucked.
I know cause i had one of those POS' (yokomo mr4-mt), and i now have a RWD (losi xxx-t mf2) wich is way more fun.

Yeah but there hasn't been a shaft driven one. I think the Yoko one was but that must of been 8 years ago now. HPI last 4wd one was belt driven and the ford body came with road tyres. So since there isn't a 4wd nitro truck class, is it pointless to sell a HPI Nitro MT2? If someone bought out a 4wd electric stadium truck it would sell, everyone asks for one.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

to sell to the every day basher, contrary to popular belief most people do not "race" there rc vehicles they screw around with them at the park, out on the street or camping. I would bet 90% or more of all rc vehicles sold never see a race day.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
Hpi are bringing out a electric kit based on the Firestorm. Im sure a much better seller and basher would be a RS4 MT2 based on the Nitro MT and instead of being belt driven this time, shaft drive like the nitro mt.
Is it a kit or a RTR? I only ask because Hot Bodies, which of course is owned by HPI is starting to get into electric off-road racing with there 4wd buggy. Rumour has it also that they will kick out a 2wd buggy. Maybe this will be more on the order of a racer than a basher?
Old 11-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

are any HPI off road trucks really racers? no. do people buy them left and right? yes. they are tough and fun. easy to work on and great part support. look if you dont like it, dont buy it. personally, if they came out wit ha shaft drive 1/10 truck, id buy one. just because its different. sure i couldnt race it like my other trucks, but that doesnt mean we cant take it to the track and play with it. hell the new e-firestorm isnt a racer either. its HPI's version of the rustler. but the reason they didnt make the rs4mt again, is probly because more people are buying 2wd right now and they already had the design built up perfectly. im sure they will sell an rs4mt again soon though. based off the Nitro MT
Old 06-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Initiate

I wanted a rs4mt but they discontinued it before I could get one. I made my rs4 sport into a psudo mt with aluminum chassis plates. It runs well, but the belts don't last long on the dirt. Right now I'm converting my nitro MT2 into electric, moving the gearbox back putting the shaft from a pro 4 into it. It's still in the creation stage.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can see why they did it because at this time all 10th scale electrics are 2wd. However why they don't have a 10th shaft driven 4wd electric truck I don't know. IMO 4wd is a lot more versatile in being good for both the track and bashing. I have a CRT.5 that has been converted to electric and has a 10th scale length chassis. It’s a blast to drive at the track and to bash with. Now if it was 10th wide and had stronger plastic parts it would be perfect.