Wiki Posts
Search

help mamba questions????????

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default help mamba questions????????

Hi all first thread , i have been considering with going with a mamba max brushless system for my xxx-t, am planning on running in the 19 turn brushless class and dont know which set is closest wondering if any one knows the conversion of kv's to number of turns on brushed motor in power.

also was wondering if you can use other brands of brushless motors with the controller that comes with these sytems.

and if not does any one know if you can switch motors of different size in mamba brand.

the price range is what is attracting me to this system and i have also been considering the traxxass system as it is close in range for price and apparent performance.

am thinking about getting something in next couple weeks and any input will be great am just getting back into racing after a 3 year hiautus so chime in and lets have a heated discussion to give me somethin to think about. LOL!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

any one ?????????????????????????????????????????
Old 11-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

I would go with the mamba because of its programming abillity. You will need to get rid of those motor plugs and direct solder them to get rid of cogging, after that it should run great. The 4600 is actually a good bit more motor then a 19 turn as well.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

After having the 5600 system, I would guess the 4600 would be closest to 19 turn. I would bet though, that it would have even more power than a 19 turn. The biggest thing I have noticed with the Mamba system is it is all about batteries. My CR drives MUCH smoother when running my 4600's vs some older practice 3300's. I am thinking of trying Lipo, to help increase performance of power delivery. Needless to say either will give plenty of power for offroad. I never can even utilize the 5600 since we run a fairly small track.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Patience, young grass hoppa!

The brushless motor you'll find closest to 19-turn performance is a 10.5. I've tried Novak brushless motors with my Mamba Max with poor results - very bad cogging.
I recently purchased an 13.5 Orion Vortex brushless motor for use with my Mamba Max and workded great. This motor is advertised to work with sensored or sensorless ESC's. It occasionally stuttered from a dead stop but once I got rid of the bullet connnectors, I didn't encounter this problem anymore.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

thanks for the input all i really appreciate, still undecided maybe i should just save a few more duckies and go with a better controller as all the guys at my track pretty much say 19t brushless class but i think i need to investigate more on compatibilty between the motors and esc's any more input is greatly appreciated

:flam ing:
Old 11-03-2007, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

if your gona run the 19t class you have to get a 10.5 so i would say get the LRP sphere 007 with a votex 10.5 motor or you can get the novak gtb combo but i dont think its as good as the LRP.

i have mamba but its just for bashing and for not legal racing there crazy fast though.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Mamba motors are not ROAR legal... or legal for brushless spec classes. But the Mamba Max esc is ok... no rules apply to the esc.

I want to try the MM with a 13.5 motor. But I have heard the Orion/Speedpassion is not quite as fast as a Novak... and the Novak does have a cogging issue right now. Castle is still planning a software fix for that soon.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:30 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jslider
thanks for the input all i really appreciate, still undecided maybe i should just save a few more duckies and go with a better controller as all the guys at my track pretty much say 19t brushless class but i think i need to investigate more on compatibilty between the motors and esc's any more input is greatly appreciated

:flam ing:
If you have a Mamba Max speedo already then just buy the Orion 10.5 motor and your ready. I ran last night with the Orion 13.5 in my touring car with the Mamba in and it worked great. Had a slight hesitation the first time I hit the throttle but after that it worked flawlessly.

I ran my 13.5 Orion with 4200's at the track I race at against everyone else and they all use 13.5 LRP or Novak 13.5 with Lipos and other than a little down the straight I was faster everywhere else. I'm still also 2 to 4 teeth off on the gearing as the motor is only 130 degrees after a 6 minute race.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

no esc's yet i have novak gt-7 in all my rides except on and that is a tekin g-10 or 12 i think, so i have to buy esc and motor that is why i was looking at the traxxas and mamba combos for the pricing but it does have to be legal as all i am really interested in is racing my car dont drive off the track.

am thinking i may have to go up in dollars , dangit
Old 11-03-2007, 08:24 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jslider
no esc's yet i have novak gt-7 in all my rides except on and that is a tekin g-10 or 12 i think, so i have to buy esc and motor that is why i was looking at the traxxas and mamba combos for the pricing but it does have to be legal as all i am really interested in is racing my car dont drive off the track.

am thinking i may have to go up in dollars , dangit
Well you can buy a Mamba Max speedo separtely and then the Orion 10.5 and still have right around 220 dollars invested or about the same as buying a complete Mamba system with motor.