R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   RB5 vs B4 vs CR (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/187106-rb5-vs-b4-vs-cr.html)

straightaway 10-21-2007 01:25 AM

RB5 vs B4 vs CR

Hi,

Can someone tell me the + and - of each buggy? (Kyosho RB5, B4 and losi CR) Thanks

mafiaracers 10-21-2007 01:46 AM

I'd rule out the CR real quick...at my track there are majority AE cars and only 3 kyoshos, but the Losi's, at least in the 2W class are non-existent. The kyosho is a weapon in the right hands, the AE is fast whomever drives it.

I'm happy with my decision with the RB5

K_King 10-21-2007 01:51 AM

All 3 are capable of winning races, pick the one with the best parts support at your LHS.

HEAT 10-21-2007 06:15 AM

Ive ran a B4 4 the last 4 mounths and its a great car but i just got a RB5 last week and 2day we shell see what its all about ........ If its like my ZX5 it will b hands dowen a bad asss car ! :sneaky: But no dought pick the one that ur LHS stocks parts 4 . " IMO "

TexRacer 10-21-2007 06:15 AM

Chris- Im wondering why you would say something like this. This isnt personal by any means. Just cracks me up why you would. Your usually not like this.

Why rule out the CR?

Because 90% of the guys at your track cant setup cars(By themselves) and are BANDWAGON jumpers? They all run in their lil cliques and wont run something different?
Because of this(Happens at ALL TRACKS ACROSS AMERICA) you rule the CR out?
Amazing..........

They are all nice cars and drive a different way.
The Associated turns better out of the box than any car and is an agreesive feeling car. While it may FEEL faster alot of times it may not be.

The Losi is a VERY stable car. While it takes some setting up(Right Tires) to make this car turn as well as an associated it's also alot more forgiving.
It wont feel as agressive but is still a consistant and fast car.

The Kyosho is a great car. Built well and compete's great with the losi and the Associated. My only issue is Price on parts and support. It's getting better everyday support wise.
I have heard from plenty of guys that they think this car has turn ability like the Associated but more stable like a losi.

Again DO NOT think just because you show up to a track and no one there races a brand that it stinks on that track.
Alot of times it's because the racers there DO NOT truly know how to setup a car and are FOLLOWERS(Cliques) and will drive whatever the next guy drives.
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS
But to say a car brand is bad because of this is WRONG!!!!!

Les

annie_himself 10-21-2007 07:32 AM

I have a Losi, and despite what anyone says, it turns like anything I've seen. I don't see why anyone won't get a Losi. All of the buggies are great, I think I would choose a CR or a RB5. I'm tired of B4's everywhere.:o

foolio 10-21-2007 08:14 AM

I've had a b4 for about 3 years and I have had the RB5 for about 7 months. I can't give an opinion on the Losi except that most, not all, but most of the guys at our track have switched off the Losi to either a b4 or RB5.

Both the B4 and the RB5 are great cars. Personally, I continue to drive the RB5 over the B4 for the shocks and suspension. The shocks are incredibly easy to build and the smoothest I've seen. Secondly, the suspension on this car is unbelievable. I can power through bumps on a track like I never could in my B4.

The RB5 seems more forgiving to drive. I can push harder without the car getting all squirrelly on me. Does that make it a better car? By no means. In fact, some might argue that the edginess of the B4 compared to the RB5 is what makes it a drivers car. I don't know. It is the world champion after all.

The RB5 is a little more expensive than the B4. Out of the box you have to buy Titanium turn buckles and carbide diffs balls. It does not come with tires either. The chassis is a little skinnier than the B4 so I had a hella time fitting my GTB ESC in there.

Lastly, as a disclaimer, I admit it. I am a Kyosho fan-boy. :lol:

I have a special place in my heart from back in the 80's when I ran a number of the old Kyosho cars. I was really excited when they released the Lazer 2 yrs ago and the Ultima this spring. I was going to buy them no matter what. :weird:

That's my .02...

ray3619 10-21-2007 08:21 AM

tex racer , in the pacific north west CHRIS is one of the fast guys , long time losi driver , recently switch , hes just giving his opinion like he was ask to do , dont take it so seriously that he doesnt also like your favorite brand , :)ray p.s. plus youll probaly be able to get losi parts everywhere like wallmart , target ect real soon :blush:

BuggyKing 10-21-2007 08:32 AM

all three are good cars. The Kyosho from my understanding seems to be a more balanced car. Th AE B4 has steering and that wat I like. The CR has good traction.;)

morris 10-21-2007 08:40 AM

i will say that im a losi fan no matter what car it is.
i havent raced to much off-road in awhile.but when i got my bk2 i did like it out of the box better than the bk1.but then my buddy got a ft b4.when we raced together with both cars having out of box set-up he put a whoopin on me.
then i changed tires to m3 holeshots which the b4 came with.and losi 7202 reds directionals.b4 came with edges.
after making these changes to the car it was way way more better than his car.also depends on drivers.
i race against a guy who races alot and is fast .....
and he puts it to me in off-road racing with his b4.

i havent seen anyone with the rb5 yet...but as i read about it they say it has losi and ae in it...which in time should make the car just awesome....but no matter what i will always stay losi and never ride the bandwagon.

party_wagon 10-21-2007 09:03 AM

Wow, why doesn't some one who actually knows how to set up a car comment? You can set up a b4 to be very forgiving or you can set up a losi to be very agressive. The box setups on the car just have 3 differant feals. If you don't know how to setup a car then stop describing characteristics of differant setups. If you are new to 2wd then I would just get which ever one is the most popular at your local track because they can help you out with a setup and stuff. Also make sure your lhs has a good surplus of parts in stock. Any of the three cars will be very fast in the right hands. Take a look at the design of these buggies, they have virtually not changed in the past 15 years.

Dasupacat1 10-21-2007 09:07 AM

I say that all three cars are great. I have had a XXXCR ever since it came out. Great car, but a little frustrated at times. I have raced Losi products ever since the JRX2. So I felt a need for change. I was gonna go with the RB5but support was my main concern. So I got a FTB4.

David Alberico 10-21-2007 09:51 AM

Academy GV2. Yeap...it's that good.:nod:

silence360 10-21-2007 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by TexRacer (Post 3785428)
Chris- Im wondering why you would say something like this. This isnt personal by any means. Just cracks me up why you would. Your usually not like this.

Why rule out the CR?

Because 90% of the guys at your track cant setup cars(By themselves) and are BANDWAGON jumpers? They all run in their lil cliques and wont run something different?
Because of this(Happens at ALL TRACKS ACROSS AMERICA) you rule the CR out?
Amazing..........

They are all nice cars and drive a different way.
The Associated turns better out of the box than any car and is an agreesive feeling car. While it may FEEL faster alot of times it may not be.

The Losi is a VERY stable car. While it takes some setting up(Right Tires) to make this car turn as well as an associated it's also alot more forgiving.
It wont feel as agressive but is still a consistant and fast car.

The Kyosho is a great car. Built well and compete's great with the losi and the Associated. My only issue is Price on parts and support. It's getting better everyday support wise.
I have heard from plenty of guys that they think this car has turn ability like the Associated but more stable like a losi.

Again DO NOT think just because you show up to a track and no one there races a brand that it stinks on that track.
Alot of times it's because the racers there DO NOT truly know how to setup a car and are FOLLOWERS(Cliques) and will drive whatever the next guy drives.
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS
But to say a car brand is bad because of this is WRONG!!!!!

Les

haha, I was thinking the same darn thing last night. You know what's funny, I thought a lot of people were going to say nice things about you since I see you post on here very frequently. I don't know you, nothing personal, but everytime I go down to practice and I ask about your Kyosho, you know what they say everytime, and I swear by this...ohh that hack, my favorite, ohh that hack with the camera. My gosh, it makes me almost happy that I don't race 2wd class at A-main. People don't really like you there at all, I stopped asking about your car last night because of that. I almost felt bad because gosh it sure did ruffle a few feathers and all I wanted to know was about your car. If I ever decide to race my 2wd and that fact comes through, I'll be done with that class. I hope none of these people are your friends either, but then again, there isn't many 2wd guys that race frequently there. A bit off topic, but I just had to get that in. I should be calling you Chris the hack woods from what people keep saying. The only reason why I knew your name was because it's in your sig, and people know who you are, it was like a lightbulb popping in everyones head LOL. Again, nothing personal, just totally caught me off guard. I won't ever ask about your car again because everytime I ask nothing good comes out of there mouth.

Turbo Joe 10-21-2007 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by silence360 (Post 3785849)
Again, nothing personal, just totally caught me off guard. I won't ever ask about your car again.

:eek: :weird: "...nothing personal..."?

More like:

"...nothing (but) personal..."