Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Midwest Champs @ CRCRC

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Dog
We, CRCRC, will be handing out to the top 3 finishers in the 1/8 scale electric buggy trophies. Orginally I told Tony that we will not be able to hand out anything because we didn't have it bugeted. But I feel that the racers should go home with something for a win.
SWEET!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badassrevo
SWEET!
I'm gonna laugh when everyone's running panthers, and the guy that wins runs pink tapers!
Old 01-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Bigger
When will there be pics of the electric midwest layout?
On the CRCRC forums BigDog said

"I will post pic Jan 7 or Jan 8"

...so I wouldn't expect anything before then.

www.crcrc.com
Old 01-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scott54
I'm gonna laugh when everyone's running panthers, and the guy that wins runs pink tapers!
With the power that these 1/8th electric cars are making, I doubt it'll matter who makes the tires as after one run they're going to be slicks anyways....LOL

But I really do appreciate the generous offer from Panther supporting this new class and handing out two sets of Clay switches with rims to all the 1/8th electric entries. That's $100 in free tires and rims.....Me Like

I went to the CRCRC nitro race back in Jan 2006 and the temperature inside the building really affected the track conditions. With no one running in there all night with the heat on the track conditions changed when everyone showed up and they opened the doors and the temp dropped. I'm really looking forward to going to the electric race as the building should stay warm the entire time.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just saw in the X-Factory thread that Brian Kinwald is going to be at the Electric race at CRCRC Jan 8-12. It should be a really great show!
Old 01-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonysScrews
With the power that these 1/8th electric cars are making, I doubt it'll matter who makes the tires as after one run they're going to be slicks anyways....LOL

But I really do appreciate the generous offer from Panther supporting this new class and handing out two sets of Clay switches with rims to all the 1/8th electric entries. That's $100 in free tires and rims.....Me Like

I went to the CRCRC nitro race back in Jan 2006 and the temperature inside the building really affected the track conditions. With no one running in there all night with the heat on the track conditions changed when everyone showed up and they opened the doors and the temp dropped. I'm really looking forward to going to the electric race as the building should stay warm the entire time.
Umm, it's still a metal building with minimal insulation in the middle of winter in the middle of Ohio.

Sooooo, warm is a relative word.....
Old 01-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

From the CRCRC website.

"Just a reminder that we will be broadcasting through www.liverc.com So checkout all the action. We will have 4 cameras setup to catch all the action!!!!!"

Link:

http://crcrc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4884&highlight=

How cool is that!
Old 01-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bike racer
Umm, it's still a metal building with minimal insulation in the middle of winter in the middle of Ohio.

That could be true be it will be better than gas since we will not be pumping the heat out with the gas fumes.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RodneyB
I just saw in the X-Factory thread that Brian Kinwald is going to be at the Electric race at CRCRC Jan 8-12. It should be a really great show!

That's strange, I wonder why he's not staying for the mains?
Old 01-03-2008, 04:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Aaron Bigger
When will there be pics of the electric midwest layout?
Jan 7 or 8. We have to lay the tubing down this weekend, but all is finished with the track. We will be giving a sneak peep at our last club race b4 the Jan race this weekend.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bike racer

We have (8) 600,000 BTU torpedo heaters running and semi enclosed pit area. The heat will be there, it will not be t-shirt and shorts but warm enough to be ok with.

The nitro race in the franklin county fair ground building is not as bad as the OSU building. This building is much larger and has better ventalation for the nitro crowd. I know when Tony was there last it was at the OSU build which S**KED!! Much better here!!
Old 01-03-2008, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RodneyB

Well they need to get their entry in. We are currently at 200+ and the cutoff is coming in fast!!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Online sign up will close for ELECTIRC on Jan 7th @ 5pm and NITRO on Jan 14th @ 5pm. We WILL still accept mail and sign up at the track during practice up to the cutoff entry number.

Please read this carefully. We are doing this to ensure all online entries are received and logged in before the race starts and so that there is no confusion.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Big Dog
Online sign up will close for ELECTIRC on Jan 7th @ 5pm and NITRO on Jan 14th @ 5pm. We WILL still accept mail and sign up at the track during practice up to the cutoff entry number.

Please read this carefully. We are doing this to ensure all online entries are received and logged in before the race starts and so that there is no confusion.
what about if your name got put in wrong on the online confirm list, do we fix that at the track or email someone about that??
Old 01-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scott54
That's strange, I wonder why he's not staying for the mains?
wait till you see his truck that he made, it is just a bunch of parts from a few differant cars,custom parts. he ran it at my home track last month and it was looked really good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.