R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Which Buggy? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/185351-buggy.html)

xsxracing 10-10-2007 08:34 AM

Which Buggy?

Well i was first going to get the Rc10b4 kit but dont wanna throw a lot of money into it becuse i have never driven a 2wd buggy.

I only race nitro and wanna give electric a shot.

So w/o spending a lot of money and to see if i even like 2wd electric or if i wanna get back into racing 1/8 buggy nitro.

I saw the tamiya Dark Impack is it anygood or what???
I looked at it set-up and its kinda weird how the battery goes in and the steering etc...

Thene i looked at the duratrax evader ep bx they any good???

Thnx,xsx/dave

BuggyKing 10-10-2007 08:43 AM

the dark impact is an ok car. You need battery packs and u already have charger to huh. I would just stick with the B4 buts just me though.

hobbipro 10-10-2007 09:38 AM

If you want to try to cut costs, try Tower hobbies. They have discount coupons that could be applied to a B4 Team kit, some as much as $20 off. A Factory team B4 has all the bells a whistles, but since you are just getting into it, the Team edition is more than fine for club events. You also dont need the most expensive ESC either, but do look at getting into Brushless sooner than later. A Novak XRB can run both Brushed and Brushless motors. Ultimately if you plan on racing, check on the rules to see what motors are allowed (BL, brushed) and batteries (NiMah, or Lipo). In the long run Brushless and Lipo will cost less to race with, and last for years before performance loss, but do cost a little more up front.

xsxracing 10-10-2007 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by hobbipro (Post 3752172)
If you want to try to cut costs, try Tower hobbies. They have discount coupons that could be applied to a B4 Team kit, some as much as $20 off. A Factory team B4 has all the bells a whistles, but since you are just getting into it, the Team edition is more than fine for club events. You also dont need the most expensive ESC either, but do look at getting into Brushless sooner than later. A Novak XRB can run both Brushed and Brushless motors. Ultimately if you plan on racing, check on the rules to see what motors are allowed (BL, brushed) and batteries (NiMah, or Lipo). In the long run Brushless and Lipo will cost less to race with, and last for years before performance loss, but do cost a little more up front.

Ya i know i use towerhobbies all the time.

Thnx,xsx/dave

carbon madness 10-10-2007 01:27 PM

A-main is cheaper then tower. :rolleyes:

Don't try out a class with a lower end car like the duratrax or the tamiya Dark Impack, as those cars are not made to race. 2wd buggies are a ton of fun to drive, and you will be happy with a car made for racing like the B4, the RB5, or the XXX-CR.

xsxracing 10-10-2007 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by carbon madness (Post 3752784)
A-main is cheaper then tower. :rolleyes:

Don't try out a class with a lower end car like the duratrax or the tamiya Dark Impack, as those cars are not made to race. 2wd buggies are a ton of fun to drive, and you will be happy with a car made for racing like the B4, the RB5, or the XXX-CR.

Well i have raced 1/8th nitro for 4 years now and i didnt want to put in a lot of money into a b4 so i was going to get like an evader to just see if i like 2wd buggy before i spend a lot.

Thnx,xsx/dave