R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   B4 -versus- XXX Kinwald (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/18350-b4-versus-xxx-kinwald.html)

Accord 05-16-2003 03:14 PM

B4 -versus- XXX Kinwald

In your opinion what's a better buggy? I have owned a B3 FT for a while and I love it.

racerdx6 05-18-2003 05:47 PM

I like Associated cars much better than Team Losi cars. The B4 also just won the Castic Classis. And I like the way the car looks much better. Your also going to be one of the few people at your track with a B4. Which is always fun. But that may also mean that your track doesn't carry replacement parts and if you have any trouble with the car it will make it harder to get help. But I would rather get a better car. Just my 2 cents.

clintscreations 05-18-2003 09:19 PM

so far the b4 has been able to take a good ole beating and hasnt broke anything but 4 ball cups.........so a very well built car

deltree 05-19-2003 06:10 AM

I have a normal XXX and that is one tough buggy. I have never broke a part. Don't get the idea that I baby my cars either. I jump them, make them do cartwheels, and then some. I upgraded to some titanium turnbuckles just incase. Actually I thought the XXX was going to follow in the footsteps of my XXX-T and break a turnbuckle every other day. But that wasn't the case. I'd recommend this buggy to anyone who wants a good racing rc. It jumps amazingly well and is even more fun to drive. It has my vote over the B4.

yobbism 05-20-2003 04:25 AM

The B4 seems to be cheap enough at the moment from what i have seen. If i had the choice i would get one, but mainly because i dont want what everyone has. Its far more satisfying to do it as an outsider, and do your own setups.

But yeah, i saw a price for the B4 on tower, this seemed HELLA cheap! is this the case or is that about the norm price?

Tweeter 05-20-2003 09:01 PM

i got my b4 for 180 from my local hobby shop i'm not paying what they want on line :D

Randy Caster 05-20-2003 11:17 PM

I'm building my B4 right now, after owning numerous XXX cars, I say this buggy is the winner, losi needs to come out with something new to combat this racing design.

Randy Caster 05-20-2003 11:18 PM

BTW, it also seems like it will be a much stronger car than the XXX, just another thing to think of.

TexRacer 05-20-2003 11:27 PM

Alot stronger?Have you ran the car yet?Watch out for the front tower,front spindles and more.
Nice car yes but STILL not as stable as the losi.
I can run the fastest SINGLE lap with the B4.But I can run more consistanly with ALOT of fast laps with the XXX.
A huge improvement over the B3.But still on the edge a bit.
The Losi is more forgiving plain and simple.
Both very nice cars.I wouldnt say there is a better.It will depend on the track and the driver.I dont see anyone going wrong with either car from my experience with both cars.
Les

Tony Soprano 05-20-2003 11:34 PM

Keep in mind that Associated Electronics is failing.

Randy Caster 05-21-2003 12:26 AM

I have driven one actually, and it was actually very smooth from what I felt. I have always liked how AE cars are on the edge a little more than losi cars, because I have a smooth driving style, I need a car to add the snap for me, Losi is just too smooth for my style. I still have broken a lot of parts on my XXX's, and have yet to see a lot of broken parts on the B4's in general.

TexRacer 05-21-2003 06:17 AM

I would like to know what your breaking on XXX's besides maybe a rear arm mount.I have my race cars and then my play cars and my play cars go through HELL.
I dont any problems once the aluminum rear arm mount is installed.
Associated B4 so far in 5 weeks.
3 sets of front spindles,front shock tower,front arm,rear arm,rear arm mount.
I have ran losi xxx's for 2 years and havent broken that much stuff I dont think.lol
P.S.The B4 was something to catch up to the XXX.The XXX may have lost the cactus but who won the losi race?
Look at the B4 and what does it remind you of almost to the T.Wow look at those rear hubs expecially.Those look familiar.
Les
P.S.I like the B4.Nice car but the losi is still more consistant,more stable and more forgiving than the b4.Do I fill faster with a B4?Yes.But after lap times I find that it's just 2-3 laps faster not over the whole race.
Les

D_Ames 05-21-2003 09:11 AM

Originally posted by Tony Soprano
Keep in mind that Associated Electronics is failing.

What??? :weird: Failing at what???

Peter Busch 05-21-2003 09:48 AM

Yea really, failing at what?

jeepracer 05-21-2003 02:24 PM

i'm not really impressed by the b4 or any other AE vehicle
just look at the semi-tub chassis i wonder where they got that idea from? Losi?