Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
B4 -versus- XXX Kinwald >

B4 -versus- XXX Kinwald

B4 -versus- XXX Kinwald

Old 06-02-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

I used to have an RC10 truck with the alluminum tub chassis and it was a tank!!.

The B4 has rubber sealed bearings in the tranny...does it have rubber sealed bearings in the rear hubs and the front wheels too?
Old 06-30-2003, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Indistructible B4???

I've been skimming through these posts, and I just have to wonder what kinds of B4's they're sending up to Canada. They must be sending us junk, because I've seen defective chassis that call for the addition of epoxy in the rear corners, tons of broken shock towers (both front & rear), broken spindles, broken spindle carriers. Very disapointing.

If you're gonna buy an RC10, buy a B3. It's a lot stronger. AE's really taken a step in the wrong direction. It's sad when a Losi buggy has a shorter list of broken parts.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Got to go with the XXX....

B4 looks like a Nice car tho..
Old 07-03-2003, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Again, CoryD, if you are going to post, please keep your facts in order. Any "defective chassis that call for the addition of epoxy in the rear corners" is something that YOU have brought to this forum....not Team Associated. We have not had the numerous problems you have been having.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:14 AM
Tech Rookie

what u guys need is a real lesson on how AE got the designs for all thier cars
its true u know u can prove it
Gil Losi or Gil losi Jr i cant remeber which one. worked for AE and designed their first 3 cars he later quite and made his own company (losi) everything losi releses a new car AE releases one with a lot of similariteis changed just tenough so it isnt a total copy put a B4 and XXX side by side and u wil notice that every great part on th XXX is on the B4 but every average and not so great part is slightly changed on the B4 so really if u think about it AE does get their ideas from Losi and ya how i know this i know a few losi team drivers and they have old original AE destructions from the first couple cars and it says who they are designed by so if u ever happen to come across an old original set of AE destruction manuals check who the cars designed by and i know 4 a fact most ppl arent gonna beleive this but think about it its true
Old 07-07-2003, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Well, first of all, it's only PART true....

A bit of trivia....RC10L...the 'L' stands for Losi. BUT, that's only in the Pan car! Everything AFTER the pan car Losi had nothing to do with....including ALL the off-road vehicles.

So, teamlosi4life, your comment is only partially true. AE did have the FIRST off-road vehicle of it's type.