R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   LRP Brushless speed control's (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/182721-lrp-brushless-speed-controls.html)

idbdoug 09-23-2007 08:27 AM

LRP Brushless speed control's

I am having a hard time determining on LRP's website which of the sphere controllers have a lipo safety cutoff feature. I am interested in the following 3 speed controls----The original Sphere, Sphere competition 2007 edition, and the sphere competition TC edition.

Thanks for any further information
idbdoug

Wild Cherry 09-23-2007 09:16 AM

The Lrp Esc that suits your needs for off-road is the 2007 Competition Sphere...

The Li-Po shut off is not such a big deal either , I don`t even use it with my Li-Po battery`s ...
Instead I pull the car off the track as soon as I feel it begin to slow down ..

When I pull off the track my battery show about 7.6 volts , the shut off will not even kick on until the battery is under 7 volts...

The Competition is the smoothest and personally, the best controller you can buy today....:nod:

wd40prerunner 09-23-2007 12:36 PM

the 2007 and the tc both have cut off i have never used it though. you can tell when your low.

Scottmisfits 09-23-2007 04:31 PM

You can take a Lipo down to 3v/cell. I think alot of cutoffs are set at 3.2v/cell which is 6.4v.

idbdoug 09-28-2007 05:22 AM

Thanks for the information
idbdoug

Dork Missile 02-22-2009 08:11 PM

LRP ESC settings-Sphere Comp 2007

I am curious whether i'll get a reply or not for this question...but i'm looking for a suggestion on settings. I haven't messed much with the settings other than making it as linear as possible and some slight brake adjustments? I understand everyone has their personal settings for their driving styles,tracks, 2wd/4wd,motor turn etc...but i'd like to hear some suggested settings. :confused: i run 4wd modified on smooth clay tracks with lots of traction...most of the time i run a 5.5T motor,dropping to a 7.5T on the tighter tracks.
i also want to know if anyone drives without drag brake? So,does anyone want to give up their number set ups for their Sphere ESC? :o

gweed 02-22-2009 08:54 PM

pending on the layout of the track i typically run 2 initial brake, 1 or 2 punch, 1 drag brake but that can go up if i need a little more off power steering or off if its too much off power steering. thats on my 7.5 orion race. which by the way is a bag of shit.

to answer the original ? the 07' comp is the way to go or wait for the new sxx which they really dont have a release date for but are in final stages of development

Tom87 02-22-2009 10:51 PM

If you can wait till the new sxx comes out, they ran it at the on road worlds. look at the hobby show report section on there site

I run the tc spec in my 2wd with lipo cut off on and have never activated it.

The power settings are great tuning aids. Was running lrp 10.5 in mod 2wd geared 29/78 with power setting 1, motor was 105 deg f, car had great usable power. In this setup the car is like a stock (old 13.5 stock) but just builds down the straight.

But need more power for the new track i was at, people were running 6.5 in 2wd, so stepped the power settings up which increases mid range and top end, but makes the motor hotter so geared down. End up in the final on power level 6 geared 27/78 and had more straight line speed then the above aswell as more mid turn punch. But this set up would not be as driveable some tracks. Motor was alittle hotter in this set up. Car drives more like open mod with the sharper power hit.