Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MOST DURABLE CAR UNDER 250?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default MOST DURABLE CAR UNDER 250?

Which brand holds up best 2 abuse??don't want 2 buy something that will break..
Old 09-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For electric offroad? I'd say look at a Traxxas Rustler or Stampede. They're basic trucks with a reputation for strength, some aftermarket support, and with some massaging the Rustler isn't completely out of place on a racetrack either.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

The B4 is built very strong but like any other, it will break. If you are learning to drive, expect parts breaking. T4s are easier to drive, just go easy with the finger and stay away from mod motors.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by desertraton
The B4 is built very strong but like any other, it will break. If you are learning to drive, expect parts breaking. T4s are easier to drive, just go easy with the finger and stay away from mod motors.
Stay away from both these vehicles. They break arms, steering blocks and bellcrancks left and right. Get a Losi product.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So does a Losi.... I break more on my Losi than my B4. Its depends on how you drive it. If you are learning just gotta remember to be easy on throttle till you learn how it drives and stay off the pipes. AE, Losi, Kyosho, Tamiya will be all good choices. Just depends on type you want
Old 09-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
So does a Losi.... I break more on my Losi than my B4. Its depends on how you drive it. If you are learning just gotta remember to be easy on throttle till you learn how it drives and stay off the pipes. AE, Losi, Kyosho, Tamiya will be all good choices. Just depends on type you want
I drive all my cars silly So far, 2 arms on my CR needed replacement after a few brushes with a steel pipe (holding up the roof of the place). One guy at the track has 17 B4 arms hanging from his tool box ...
Old 09-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by b4zed
I drive all my cars silly So far, 2 arms on my CR needed replacement after a few brushes with a steel pipe (holding up the roof of the place). One guy at the track has 17 B4 arms hanging from his tool box ...
so basically you are saying that you are a better driver than the b4 guy?

6 months of racing, no more than 4 front a-arms on my b4 and t4 combined!

granted, I put the rpm conversion on my t4, so that doesnt count really.

basically, they ALL break. driver makes the difference.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Don't buy a Losi, Associated, or Kyosho if you are looking for the most durable car. They are great race cars but at the expense of durability. I would go with a Duratrax Rustler or Traxxas Stampede. It's like their parts are made from hard rubber and not plastic. They can take the worst abuse. Not to mention, they will cost less than the racing brands so if you do happen to break a part, you will have plenty of money left over to fix it...
Old 09-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

depends on ur driving ability. Any rc would break, i would recommend th MF2 if ur starting out . A good strong race truck and basher.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Losi or AE break period, we replace arms because of wear. If your driving sucks, you break. Besides, loosi is moving toward walmart and radio shack r/c products. Which car won the worlds, B4.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Please keep this on subject....pm if you want to act like your 2 and argue over who builds better toy cars...
Old 09-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Best bet from a durability perspective would be the traxxas line of vehicles in my opinion, and upgrade they with RPM parts if possible.

the B4 and T4 are great racing vehicles, and can be good bashers too, but are not as high on the durability as other more bash dedicated vehicles. If you went with these, at a minimum, go with the RPM large front bumper and if possible on the T4, the RPM front a-arms.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
Best bet from a durability perspective would be the traxxas line of vehicles in my opinion, and upgrade they with RPM parts if possible.

the B4 and T4 are great racing vehicles, and can be good bashers too, but are not as high on the durability as other more bash dedicated vehicles. If you went with these, at a minimum, go with the RPM large front bumper and if possible on the T4, the RPM front a-arms.

sound advice all the way around. traxxas would be considered by many the current "king of bashers". definately upgrade to any rpm hopups for added durability imo.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Tamiya is fairly durable and they have a huge selection of kits.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

desertraton,

Every rc breaks just depends what kit u have and how much power you run. remember the faster you go the more parts you will break.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.