Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho ZX-5 Worlds Buggy Slated for release in '08

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Kyosho ZX-5 Worlds Buggy Slated for release in '08

What's the good word what have you guys heard ?
Old 09-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

my guess is currently the only info is form the oople article, i would hope that they would put something like this out to be competative with all the other new buggies coming out. the stick pack design is i a bit iffy in my opinion. when i comes out i def want to get one, probably a fair price too.
but the thing that makes me the most happy, i want to implement those pivot blocks into the xxx4 now that would be sick, until the new kyosho comes out
Old 09-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I hear it was just the same kit with improvements and a new prototype body for the world's.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Sure looks like a TON of BJ4-WE influence on it.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STEALTH
JConcepts set the benchmark...now every 4wd shaft buggy design is based on the BJ4WE, but it's ok cos it works...

Last edited by Funkymojo; 09-13-2007 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by XXXCRRacer
I hear it was just the same kit with improvements and a new prototype body for the world's.
The proto at the Worlds right now has a whole new chassis and top deck. (BJ4WE)
Old 09-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STEALTH
It depends how you look at it...

Actually, the only similarity is the saddle pack and they moved the motor toward the middle. Everything else is the same as it was before. I wouldn't say the BJ4 WE influenced them much at all. Balance has always been something race engineers experiment with whether it's full scale or toy cars. The Kyosho Optima Mid Custom Special from the early 90's used saddle packs well before Jconcepts was around and they won the worlds with that format. Same story with Losi XX4 in the late 90's.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foolio
It depends how you look at it...

Actually, the only similarity is the saddle pack and they moved the motor toward the middle. Everything else is the same as it was before. I wouldn't say the BJ4 WE influenced them much at all. Balance has always been something race engineers experiment with whether it's full scale or toy cars. The Kyosho Optima Mid Custom Special from the early 90's used saddle packs well before Jconcepts was around and they won the worlds with that format. Same story with Losi XX4 in the late 90's.
Yup i agree that almost every 4wd buggy back in the late 80s and early 90s were running saddle pack configuration which in my humble opinion was and is still the best layout where balance is concern...
Old 09-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think you will find that they are running rear wishbones on the front with new caster blocks and steering hubs, like the XX-4, new rear wishbones, hew rear shock bodies as well.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
I think you will find that they are running rear wishbones on the front with new caster blocks and steering hubs, like the XX-4, new rear wishbones, hew rear shock bodies as well.
Now that it has the weight spread across quite ok I hope they'll copy the BJ4 rear end geometry too.. I assume the frontend is done with the same geometry as per 'standard' in the other good cars. Nice filing on the front arms tho' Just hope that the RB5 suspension in the rear isn't too narrow (again) and the wheelbase is longer than in the ZX-5.

Good Luck!
Old 09-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
No way...there's Losi-style stuff turning up on a Kyosho? Why on Earth would that be?????

Old 09-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

looks like its using the new mid rear arms on the back while using the old rear arms on the front end...
Old 09-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

it kinda bugs me when people keeps saying every new buggies looks like a bj4, it deserves its credit, and that would be allot of it. But, as people have pointed out before, having a shaft and saddle packs does not make it based of the car, as in all forms of racing, its in the details. but im highly looking froward to this release, and im def considering a kyosho conversion.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raceGEEK
it kinda bugs me when people keeps saying every new buggies looks like a bj4, it deserves its credit, and that would be allot of it. But, as people have pointed out before, having a shaft and saddle packs does not make it based of the car, as in all forms of racing, its in the details. but im highly looking froward to this release, and im def considering a kyosho conversion.
I couldn't agree with you more. Enough of the bj4 BS. You wanna say its a bj4 go to the B44 thread . Kyosho brought me back to r/c with the rb5.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raceGEEK
It's clearly a BJ-4 ripoff...it has the wing at the rear and everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.