R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-21-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

associated team b4 or losi xxx cr, which is better and why, pros & cons of each etc etc,

i have read that the lossi chasis is prone to breaking.
Team Associated Factory Team B4
Futaba 3PM 2.4GHz Spread Spectrum
Novak GTB Spread Spectrum ESC
Sponsored by Billowy-Power Batteries
PM me for the best priced ROAR approved lipo on the market
simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:41 PM   #2
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Both cars break, both cars can be upgraded... Check and see what your local hobby shop backs better so you have little to no problem getting parts
MHOR Raceway
Losi XXX-T
rccrazyindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My opinion is they are great. I raced both. I think the Losi car is better for stock and Associated better for mod. Well there was a part in the rear of the CR in front of the shock tower that was prone to breaking when casing the car off jumps. The Associated seems to have issue with front arms and bulkheads. I had more issues later on with Losi with quality and reliable with the buggy. I would recommend going for the B4. One for drivibility and other part support. Thats my 2 cents.
Our government is a #$%$ joke, from the head jester on down
RIP Mike M
BuggyKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:06 PM   #4
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jeff K.

The B4 is great and really easy to work on. Besides occasional broken arms, only problem I've had recently is bearings. After 2 years, bearings need replacing, so it's fairly reliable.

My friend just got a used XXX-CR on here to round out his Losi 1/10 buggy line up, so we can compare them.
Losi 8ight 2.0
Spektrum DX3S
Jeff K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
Tech Addict

I had the b4 for two years and liked it very much. I have no experience with the Losi cars but I was once told that they are easier to drive if you are new. The b4 can be a little more on edge. Regardless, not to confuse you more, but I now drive a Kyosho Ultima RB5 and I am much happier with it than I was with my b4. It is fits my driving style much better. Regardless, as another poster said, local parts support can be an important decision maker. However, if you think ahead and order parts that are prone to breaking ahead of time (arms, hubs, suspension towers) you can get away with remote parts support.
foolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:10 PM   #6
Tech Legend
Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)

Both vehicles have there pluses and minuses.

I would say go to your LHS track, and ask if you can wheel some peoples vehicles who say they have it feeling right. Keep in mind your setup may be different, but at least to get an idea what to expect. Make sure and offer to pay for anything you break.

Know this isn't a common reason to get a B4, but I like the way it looks over the losi buggy. I figure if they both work about as well as each other, doesn't hurt to have one that looks good too.
< Durango DEX8, DESC410V2, DEX410V5>
< Team Associated RC10B6D>
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:32 PM   #7
Tech Regular
Send a message via ICQ to bgolat Send a message via AIM to bgolat Send a message via Yahoo to bgolat

For your first car, see what other people are running in your area and your LHS carries. That way if you have a question they can help you easier since they are familiar with the car. No reason to get a B4 if majority runs XXX, and vice versa.

bgolat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:57 AM   #8
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to MADMAN23

what dose your lhs carrie the must part's for ? both are very good r/c buggy's...
catch me if you can....

Team Wicked Racing
MADMAN23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:18 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i think you will want to get a RTR buggy. losi doesnt make a RTR xxx-cr, but associated does. the associated RTR isnt bad, but when you get going in r/c, dump that associated and get something respectable, like LOSI!!!

lol, jk. but seriously, the B4 RTR is not a bad idea. you wont have to struggle to build your first buggy as a kit, and then figure out how to put electrics in. so, go with a RTR.

Johnathan is offline   Reply With Quote